Finally got my first one! BMW M5

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
Going S. on Scottsdale Rd. Honestly, I only got him by 3/4 of a car length. The next light he yells out his window, "What do you have in that?" I said, "Just a V6 turbo".

nice, what mods do you have? and what year was the M5? those cars will do 140mph on 5th gear and remember they have a 6 speed tranny :eek: , i had my brother-in-laws m5 doing 140 with abit more rpm's and another gear to go, i did,nt go faster cause i was driving at night. That is a car i would definetly consider changeing my GN for.

Attachments

• bmw-m5.JPG
    bmw-m5.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 499
I have the 3 inch down pipe, test pipe, dut neck and the turbo turned up to about 16 with a 50-50 mix of 110 and 91 octane. Not much really. I didn't even launch it off the line cause my power master system is down.

nice, what mods do you have? and what year was the M5? those cars will do 140mph on 5th gear and remember they have a 6 speed tranny :eek: , i had my brother-in-laws m5 doing 140 with abit more rpm's and another gear to go, i did,nt go faster cause i was driving at night. That is a car i would definetly consider changeing my GN for.

Don't you mean 7-speed sequential with the padel shifters? By the way ncmalko1, nice kill, but on the highway, he would have gotten you.

You have all those air mods, and no fuel mods? and you beat an M5?? You have a TH 3" down pipe, cat gone, Dutt. kneck, 8' K&N, and I'm sure worn valve springs, and you're not leaning out???

I've eaten an M5.......mmmmm, savory!

But I've got a lot more invested than you. A LOT.

Good kill!

was it a guy behind the wheel of the m5? not to put our buicks down but i think your going to need more than what you mentioned, but if you beat him, you beat him. those cars come with 505 horses, and yes i mean 7-speed sequential with the padel shifters.:cool:

was it a guy behind the wheel of the m5? not to put our buicks down but i think your going to need more than what you mentioned, but if you beat him, you beat him. those cars come with 505 horses, and yes i mean 7-speed sequential with the padel shifters.:cool:

Same thing I was thinking no-nos, or the driver may have not had it in M mode, or he doesn't know how to drive it. My dad has one and he has beat me exept for once( forgot to turn his traction control off). Not saying you are lying, but the outcome of this race doesn't seem as realistic.

M5's are highway monsters true, but they weight a million pounds. On the street stoplight to stoplight or something I could see how he took him. 505HP/383TQ + 4012lbs without a driver isnt all that fast on the streets nowadays. The low amount of torque for the weight is most likely what ruled in the GN's favor.