Filter for alcohol

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
I have a custom alcohol kit I put together with a friend years ago. (It has the jets and check valve from the old OGS kit but that F150 pump was garbage, now the pump I'm using looks a lot like the "Alkycontrol" kit pictures I saw in that sticky post Alkycontrol install pixs.)

SETUP:
Radiator Overflow (50/50 blend of denatured & water with shot of WD40) --> 5/16" rubber line --> inline generic fuel filter --> 5/16" rubber line --> pump --> check valve --> braided line --> uppipe

PROBLEM:
I recently found the filter was totally clogged. I replaced it but the new filter totally drops the outlet pressure to a dribble.

QUESTIONS:
1. Do you run a filter at all?

2. Is the filter before or after the pump, and why?

3. What kind of filter works?

This is the only filter I could find w/ barb ends that says it supports alcohol, but it also says it doesn't support fuel injection. This makes me think it also won't flow enough (80 max psi)
Earl s Performance 230103ERL - Earl's Performance Inline Fuel Filters - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Thanks!

Filter goes on pressure side. The use of rubber line is your next problem as methanol will dry out the rubber. And the last problem is using WD40 as the pump does not need lube, and lube can actually hurt it.

So yes to the filter so trash doesnt clog your nozzle.
On the feed side you can use a screen.

I use teflon lined hoses on my Buick kit. No rubber.