Field Fix Altenator Plug In Harness

zhorner

Looking to Buy
drained battery from a bad dash connection helped wreck my motor. Im way paranoid about it now so I must have one of these before i put my next motor on the road.

PM me if you have one for sale. Id prefer paypal

thanks guys.

alternator not working from a bad connection is what i should have said. Driving around the car started getting a lot of knock and i couldnt figure it out so i limped to my mechanics house then my crank snapped in 3 places knocking a hunk out of my block trashing it. After tearing it apart it looks like the previous owner did a lot of things wrong, (i bought the car with 35oo miles on a rebuild), including using a non turbo crank.

That was just the last KR i got from a long line of problems and troubleshooting and it happened to be due to a loose dash connection. My car has been down over a year now and it burns me up to no end.

I have a feeling your crank broke, starting showing knock and shortly after that you had the catastrophic failure. Based on my personal experience, when the dash light fails, you're got about 5 minutes before the battery is dead and the car cuts off. (I hate that $%^# circuit)

yea man like i siad it was a long list of issues, and to be honest the number one problem was my complete lack of understanding for these cars. I have a used field fix pending for $20. I know i could buy them new all day from summit or caspers but the whole goal of this thread was to save a $20 bill or so. Hopefully all goes well with the transaction and i appreciate all the input guys.

thanks