fiberglass hoods?

had to do a little cutting, it wasn't to bad.. you can't do it by yourself, get a friend to help.. it took us about 45 to 60 minutes to get everything lined up.. Now the trunk was another BEAST.. I'm still working on getting that thing lined up :mad: ..

nordy racer said:
had to do a little cutting, it wasn't to bad.. you can't do it by yourself, get a friend to help.. it took us about 45 to 60 minutes to get everything lined up.. Now the trunk was another BEAST.. I'm still working on getting that thing lined up :mad: ..

Thanks for the quick reply !

Did the hood originally come with "all" the stock type crossbracing ?

Who did you buy the hood from ?

George

oldtimer said:
Thanks for the quick reply !

Did the hood originally come with "all" the stock type crossbracing ?

Who did you buy the hood from ?

George

the hood came with all the holes (but not drilled).. all we had to do was transfer all the parts over to the glass hood. the only thing that we had to do different was weld the hood spring to the hood. everything else attached easy..

Billy Anderson order all my fiberglass parts for me...

nordy racer said:
the hood came with all the holes (but not drilled).. all we had to do was transfer all the parts over to the glass hood. the only thing that we had to do different was weld the hood spring to the hood. everything else attached easy..

Billy Anderson order all my fiberglass parts for me...

Thanks for the plug Mike! That is a VFN hood in "street" fiberglass. The bracing you see is what it comes with, nothing more. They are sturdy and straight. I believe the weight saving is about 31# over the stocker.

EightSecV6 said:
Thanks for the plug Mike! That is a VFN hood in "street" fiberglass. The bracing you see is what it comes with, nothing more. They are sturdy and straight. I believe the weight saving is about 31# over the stocker.

Nice looking hood Bill !! :cool:

jsta6 said:
1. Do you have pics of the unpainted hoods?

2. What else besides the different hood shocks is required to use the hood? or does all the old hardware just move over to the new hood?

I will email you a picture. The biggest diferences that I see over the ones pictured are:

1. Ours has the underhod bracing (like stock) for a hood insulator.

2. Ours has the stock appearing edge (spot welds, etc..)

3. Ours has the trim molding molded into the back (windshield) edge

4. Ours is probably a couple pounds heavier,since we focused on stock appearing

All of the hardware transfers directly to the new hood. There are metal inserts molded in with the correct metric threads so you can use your factory bolts.

FWIW: We only have one left for the "Indy Special"

Cal is right. The hoods that he has custom made from one of his local suppliers are to "Cal's specs" and are as close to stock looking as you can get.

I've personally seen 5 or 6 of Cal's hoods installed and you have to look pretty hard to tell that they're not original GM hoods. The detail is incredible and when you install a hood insulator, it's damn near impossible to tell the difference.

I have one of Cal's hoods ( as it comes delivered ) sitting in my shop right now waiting to go on the car, so if pictures are desired, let me know, and I'll e-mail them.

George

From my experience, EVERYTHING from Poston is trash. I hate their products - when I got the car it was full of the trash - most of it is gone now.