few questions about new setup

jjjjjj

my car is an 87gn, 57mm turbo 42lb injectors, front mount intercooler, 2800 stall

1) how can i be sure that my existing setup has any knock? Keep the scanmaster on O2 setting and watch the "0.0" on the right for knock retard? how reliable is the caspers knock gauge? mine seems to light up once in a while, although I haven't compared the readings to the scanmaster output. ( ihave heard these gauges are finicky).

2) I am currently running a caspers chip (told by previous owner) I was told this chip has the wheel adjustable (with 7 different setting). Where exacly is this wheel located so that I can see what setting its currently set on? Is it on the chip itself? Also from my online research it looks like the caspers chip is not capable of small adjustments like the turbo tweak is (you can only keep it on one of the 7 pre-set settings).

3) how much power would i be leaving on the table with this old caspers chip?

4) is it worth it to upgrade to the turbo tweak 6.1 so WOT can be controlled with a wideband gauge? I would have to also upgrade injectors as turbo tweak v6.1 needs minimum 50lb injectors

sorry for the newb questions. i apreciate the feedback. my goals for the car are just a reliable fun street car.

For the TT 6.1 chip, need powerlogger (break open ECM, scrape off wax, slide on add-on card), volt check all teh grounds and make sure the powerlogger sees the right voltage and wideband etc, also need laptop, need wideband, and set it all up and install it. It's great if your 1987 wiring is in good shape, but if I had to do it all over again, I'd get XFI from Hartline Performance. For the money, you're almost halfway there on price, and XFI is way more capable on features than a computer hardware from 1987.

For a street car is there a reason you want to spend the coin on all that extra stuff? A 5.6 or 5.7 tt chip for your existing injectors gives quite a bit of adjustability. I guess I'm just cheap.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

sorry for the newb questions. i apreciate the feedback. my goals for the car are just a reliable fun street car.
then kip it simple.look at the scanmaster for knock,keep the boost low and watch for dipping 02s drive and enjoy it.

I am currently running a caspers chip (told by previous owner) I was told this chip has the wheel adjustable (with 7 different setting). Where exacly is this wheel located so that I can see what setting its currently set on? Is it on the chip itself? Also from my online research it looks like the caspers chip is not capable of small adjustments like the turbo tweak is (you can only keep it on one of the 7 pre-set settings).
the tt 5.7 chip is a great chip for drivability and power and it keeps things on the simple side(y)

You can't run 42lb injectors with a 6.1 chip anyway. Personally I like having the Powerlogger to a log every once in while to make sure everything is ok. When it comes time to tune it's very helpful. It's a nice addition to the scanmaster.

what is the target AF ratio (using a wideband gauge) to shoot for if I'm tuning with 5.7 TT?