Ferrari sees GN taillights (long but good)

I agree with Cryptic. I have never seen a rich guy with a nice car that can drive. Maybe Jay Leno:D

I think what cool 84 was saying is that a Testarossa isnt a fast car. If the Test gave him a run it was probably modded. I think they are only mid 14 second cars.

I've updated my signature to reflect my current combo. I assure you, this ferrari was very quick. The badge on the back said "512 TR"....I assumed the TR stood for testarossa, and it definitely looked like all of the other testerossas I have seen, but I don't know too much about ferarris. Maybe Cryptic can give some more specs on this car? As far as driving, I believe the guy knew what he was doing, we talked to him for a few minutes while we were at one of the lights. He mentioned that he wish he had his "race car" with him (he knew what a GN was....kind of cool to have a guy in a ferrari scared to race an old buick:D:D), which was a twin turbo viper. So I assumed he had some actual driving, if not racing experience. Hehe maybe he will learn his lesson and have his "fast" car next time, I would love to give that a run!!

Chip

512 TR

Of course I can chip. That's what I'm all about. Let me start with this...the 512 TR was the world's fastest regular production car to give you an idea of what it was capable of. It's a car that tops out at 180+ and ran 0 - 60 in just under 5 seconds according to Ferrari. Keep in mind that Ferrari *seriously* underspecs their cars. I.E. The 360 Modena is speced by Ferrari with a 0 - 60 time of 4.5 seconds while in actuallity it has been recorded by several sources, including more than one car mag, as having a 0 - 60 time of 3.9 seconds. Trust me, I have a friend with a slightly modded Z28 that tried to race a 360 from a 30 roll and he said the Ferrari walked about without an effort, and my friend had gotten the jump.

The 512 TR is powered by a 4943cc (4.9L) flat, or boxter V12 used for its compactness and high torque levels. There were 4 valves per cylinder, dual overhead cams, a compression ratio of 10:1. The engine produced 421hp and 360lb-ft of torque. For a Ferrari they are actually very heavy cars weighing in a 3344 lbs.

You make your own judgements on the car. My own is that most people either can't, or won't drive them to 100%:)

BTW, if you want *very* specific info an any Ferrari produced I recomment www.ferrarina.com They give out every detail of the cars, including design materials, frame construction, sometimes fluid dynamics of the motors, suspension setup, etc. They even have technical drawings.

I have actually driven 2 different Testarossa's and was not impressed with the acceleration. The black one I drove was the car that was towed away in "Rocky 5" when he lost all his money....I brought it to the set.

The Testarossa and the 512 TR are different animals with similar skin. The Testarossa of 1984-ish boasts 380 bhp and 354 ft/lbs trq pushing 3660 lbs. Thats a bit different from the 1991-ish 512 TR's 421 hp 360 ft/lbs trq pushing 3344lbs, and the advances of time and technology.

BTW, that is a pretty cool site (www.ferrarina.com)

You are 100% correct RSP Driver. The fact that he said it's a 512 TR as opposed to a Testarossa means it's a much meaner car and a much greater challenge.

Glad you like Ferrari's North American site. It's the most impressive car manufacturer's site I've ever seen by far. Very in depth and reading through it completely is what gave me my initial respect for Ferrari which has burgeoned into the passion I have for them today.

Good Kill! There's nothing like smoking a high dollar car with a V6 Buick :D
It sounds like you were out at Pavillions. I love to go and drool at the nice rides when I have a chance. I can't wait for it to cool off around here so I can take out the GN. (The AC's dead and I can't stand driving w/out it).