Felt good to stretch her legs!!!!

CuzzinOlaf

I got the car down on the ground, oil changed, and my first drive in last night since November of last year and man it felt good. I'm running 93 and freshened the fuel up with a few gallons of e85 and the car felt great. I had about 15 gallons of treated gas in the tank so put in 3 gallons. I'm converting to e85 this spring but never mixed gas before and definitively noticed the knock drop on the scan master. Good times, now I just gotta get the car cleaned up and ready for spring/summer.

I hate to state the obvious but adding e85 to your 15 gal will lean your motor out ...knock would more possible.

I hate to state the obvious but adding e85 to your 15 gal will lean your motor out ...knock would more possible.
how will it lean it out by adding more octane?I can mix 50/50 and run 25 lbs of boost with zero knock with alk and 91 about 22 lbs with out knock that's without making further adjustments that is !

how will it lean it out by adding more octane?I can mix 50/50 and run 25 lbs of boost with zero knock with alk and 91 about 22 lbs with out knock that's without making further adjustments that is !
Honestly...by the thread title...I was expecting a good dirty joke...

Just going by what I read...it takes twice as much E85. That's why you need 150# injectors for E85 and 60's or 80's for 93 and ALKY. Your chip has no way of knowing it needs to add fuel because it doesn't know what's in the tank.
I'm no expert, but that's just my thoughts from reading other posts.

Just going by what I read...it takes twice as much E85. That's why you need 150# injectors for E85 and 60's or 80's for 93 and ALKY. Your chip has no way of knowing it needs to add fuel because it doesn't know what's in the tank.
I understand exactly what your saying I'm just saying without changing any setting and putting 5 gallons of e85 in my tank will not cause a lean condition to my setup or will any knock show up

Lol, just outta curiosity, where did you read this?

I'm just going on real life experiences a station that sells E85 is 3 miles from my house and have mixed it with 91 on many occasions and have never received knock because I added it my gas, mileage goes down but that might be from my right foot I run 60lb injectors I have run straight E85 but had to increase timing and turn fuel up a little but never felt like I was running into a lean condition your results may vary. It's just close and cheap for me so I like experimenting with different things .

Lol, just outta curiosity, where did you read this?
Doing research on fuel pumps, and injectors for my stroker. If it takes injectors twice as big and you have to move twice as much fuel...it's pretty simple to come up with that conclusion. I cannot get E85 in my area, so I only scratched the surface of what would be needed, but my friends car made 1000rwhp last year and it needed 250# injectors. I have double pumps in my car and 95# injectors for 700rwhp. I was told 160# min for E85 at that power level.

I have read E85 requires about 30% more fuel than reg gas....Your build running at its top potential should get you in the tens...If you ran 100% E-85 those injectors would not be enough to support the fuel you need at that power level. Depending on your fuel pump it may not be enough either...If you turn up your fuel pressure or make the right adjustments in your chip you will be ok with 50/50 mix of e85/ gas in my opinion....

Doing research on fuel pumps, and injectors for my stroker. If it takes injectors twice as big and you have to move twice as much fuel...it's pretty simple to come up with that conclusion. I cannot get E85 in my area, so I only scratched the surface of what would be needed, but my friends car made 1000rwhp last year and it needed 250# injectors. I have double pumps in my car and 95# injectors for 700rwhp. I was told 160# min for E85 at that power level.
Yes I agree something making that kind of power would need that big of injector and pump but for a daily driver making 350-400 a single 340 pump and a 60-80 injector will work

I have read E85 requires about 30% more fuel than reg gas....Your build running at its top potential should get you in the tens...If you ran 100% E-85 those injectors would not be enough to support the fuel you need at that power level. Depending on your fuel pump it may not be enough either...If you turn up your fuel pressure or make the right adjustments in your chip you will be ok with 50/50 mix of e85/ gas in my opinion....
Who's build...??? OP???

Who's build...??? OP???
Yes OP.....His build with ported irons and that cam with the 44 turbo has the potential to make enough power to cause a lean problem on 100% E85, but putting in 5 gallons or even going a 50/50 mix he would be ok on those injectors and pump....