Federal Mogul piston ring info/

Martin U

I seem to be one ring short in the box of Federal Mogul/Sealed Power piston rings.# E-434K 30 2M-5621 030 It must have fallen out or I just lost it.
Does any one have a number or email for federal mogul or a buick vendor that I can get just this one ring?
I'm not even sure which ring it is?? It is painted PINK on one end only with a dot on either the top side or bottom. It is also has a shinier(sp) face than the other rings that are painted red and pink on either side of the gap. I'm going to try these, moving away from the Total seal gapless I had in there. I found one oil ring bent. No damage just came out a bit twisted, so I have these and am going to try them.
I have FM corporate email but that just goes to a form. I'll keep searching for info on where to get this one ring,any advice would be a great help!
Thanks
Mart

Can't help with FM info but

I believe if the face is shiny--it is a top ring--all rings with dots--dots face up.

Just found the instructions in my paper work binder and all marked rings install mark up. 3 different markings are used.
"Install bright face(chrome or moly) compression ring(s) in top groove if supplied"

I believe if the face is shiny--it is a top ring--all rings with dots--dots face up.

Id check the rings closely. Top ring chamfer up second ring chamfer down. Dots could be wrong.

Well I'm not in a rush that's for sure,more of a money thing. My job went away AGAIN yesterday, I must really love michigan, and the trade I picked.
I thought if I could get through to F.M. I COULD get just one ring. But I did see single chevy rings on jegs for around 20-30 bucks for a single,115 set???
Marty

Well I'm not in a rush that's for sure,more of a money thing. My job went away AGAIN yesterday, I must really love michigan, and the trade I picked.
I thought if I could get through to F.M. I COULD get just one ring. But I did see single chevy rings on jegs for around 20-30 bucks for a single,115 set???
Marty

I hear ya. You might call around your local shops like Napa, Kragen, etc to see if they sell singles. Napa sells singles of nearly every other kind, just not that part number. Maybe they have something local that is the same but singles. You could also call engine shops to see if they have a broken set, and post up a "wanted" thread on here to see if someone has a broken set from burning a piston or something. A lot of us guys won't throw away anything and could have a spare that they would send you quickly to help out. I wish I did, would hook you up. Good luck brother.