Feb 3, 2007 Dyno Day

nah my goal is 70 for my next car, but i want to keep this build 70 and under for a turbo :) Talking with pte n full throttle about their 6776R's teehee teehee:D :D :biggrin: :biggrin: Got your video for ya Reggie

darkside

ill take some gnx flares if anyone has them too :biggrin:

dont forget tommarow show up early if you want to dyno! Just in case.

CA-91 fwy

8: Take the MAGNOLIA AVE exit- EXIT 23C- toward ORANGETHORPE AVE. 0.2 miles Map

9: Turn LEFT onto MAGNOLIA AVE. 0.5 miles Map

10: Turn RIGHT onto W WOODLAND DR. 0.2 miles Map

11: End at 2675 W Woodland Dr
Anaheim, CA 92801-2629, US

I can't speak for everybody that showed up for the dyno, but I had a great time at Brent's dyno day. Some people didn't show up, but more #'s than expected of the SoCal Gran Sports showed up, and even some unexpected turbo bricks came to the event. Ken Morelocks silver late model mustang took top dyno #'s with 370 horse to the rear wheels, and shortly behind that was the slick monte Carlo SS with a GN motor, naturally. It pulled 349 RWHP. Lou Czarnota's black Turbo-T, now owned by Ralph or Jorge, with the other brother owning the Monte SS. Lou's old car pulled 330 RWHP, I believe. Good thing that I did not dyno, as I would have been the lowest RWHP car there. Post up, peeps, I have forgotten the balance. It was good to meet the people that I have never met before, and it was good to re-meet the people that I have forgotten names of, ( I was having a senior day, not senior minute there). Thanks to Brent for setting up the dyno day and thanks to everybody for showing up, those who participated & spectators alike.

:cool: Yes it was a great time everybody is realy nice and knows alot about this cars i'm learning alot just haging around u know STAGE 11 ALUMINUM blocks 109 BLOCKS TTA BLOCKS theres alot more too learn. GREAT TIME all the cars look great love them all THANX BRENT and every one else for making it happen. RAlph

sorry I did'nt show up guys, but you did'nt miss anything with me mia. My buddy ordered a fast xfi set up, somehow cotton did'nt ship out a few key items, so that bummed the both of us out. To add insult to injury, my trans+ box took a shi% on me the night before last, and I was going to borrow my buddys stock maf, but the rest of his fast did'nt show up:frown: sounds like it was a fun time, hopefully the next one i'll be ready for, tranny and all. post up some pics so I can pout about what I missed:mad: and a mustang??????? :confused:

Um, :eek: TURBOPOPS :eek: found out why it was so lean and would not pull very well on the dyno. He has only filled the car up once and added 5 gallons of 110 oct. two nights ago sence he has owed this car. Oh ya the gas gage is stuck at 1/2 tank, Ummm, we ran out of gas a few miles away.:eek:

I guess it get 10 miles to the gallon, he has only put 250 mile on the car in 5-6 months. 18 gal full tank + 5 gal of race gas = 23 -: 250 = 10.86 mile per gallon, WOW at least he has been easy on his new ride. ;)
:

A good time, with great people. Lets not go too long before doing this again.

370hp was the max HP??:confused: :redface: Where was Mr. Rand?

btw- many 9sec parts available soon....inquire within:D

he was there.......

so was Reggie. me, Rick,Mike,Robert, Brent,Wells, and lots of folks, some GS guys too! none of us brought or ran their car,
so Mustang was top dog,

oh well, next time?

Now that was a fun MEETING / EVENT.. See, everyone had fun and everyone got a long together. like stated above, we need to have more of these events more often. It was fun chatting with everyone and the wife had a blast too.
Wish i had the GN there to put that mustang down to the number 2 spot but o well.

Darkside: i forgot that damn CD from you :(

It was a great time but we have to do something about a mustang showing up a buick event and putting down the best numbers.Next time I will bring the GN on the trailer just so that does not happen again.At least the guy was a prior buick owner. Nice meeting and talking all.

REG

It was a great time but we have to do something about a mustang showing up a buick event and putting down the best numbers.Next time I will bring the GN on the trailer just so that does not happen again.At least the guy was a prior buick owner. Nice meeting and talking all.
REG

Ya what was up with that? All of the higher power Buicks were broken/taken apart or at home. We need to do something about that. The event was a lot of fun...it was great seeing everyone. Lets have another meet soon!!!

It was a great time but we have to do something about a mustang showing up a buick event and putting down the best numbers.Next time I will bring the GN on the trailer just so that does not happen again.At least the guy was a prior buick owner. Nice meeting and talking all. REG
----------------------------------
I do not know how Ken Morelock heard or knew about the shoot, and I am sure that if somebody were to have asked him not to run, he would have not run. If we want to stay on good terms with Superior Automotive and get discount rates like $40 for 3 runs, we need to run as many cars as possible. He's a little more than just a prior turbo brick owner, he owned 5 or 6 of them at one time. I knew Ken Morelock before he left the darkside. He just found it easier & cheaper to make more HP & TQ with a Furd? And that was not just a Furd Mustang, Ken actually races that and it has about $20K worth of suspension mods somewhere underneath the skin. Ken and his wife actually ran their turbo bricks out at Buttonwillow & Willow Springs. There will be other dyno days, and the turbo bricks and BuickV8's will always be top contenders.

He's welcome!!!!

I have no problem with anyone attending, ford, chevy, or what ever,
I was surprised at that ford, :eek:
I think all of us were surprised, and I feel all of us welcomed him!
it kinda put down the gaunlet for us, (buick event, and we were shown up by a another brand) we all talk alot ( I can make 8 zillion HP) but he was there with his car, and we weren't !!:eek:
so in the future, lets make sure we can back up our BS,
this isn't directed toward any one, ( I left my car at home too!)
but at all of us in general.

and YES, that was fun, great to see everyone, and a pleasure to meet you Mrs Mike ( Mrs Nordy) hehe! ;)

ok, so when is the next event????