Favorite war movies

datant69

now take it i'm 40 so the black and white ones don't really do much for me. i know we all have different taste but here's a run down on some i fav's.

black hawk down
full metal jacket
thin red line
band of brothers
platoon
hamburger hill
pearl harbor
schindlers list
apacolypse now
saving private ryan
deer hunter
dirty dozen
midway
kelly's hero's
memphis belle
gallipolli
and jar head

i haven't seen alot of older black and white movies and i know i'm missing some good movies but just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions or input on their fav. i know a few are in b/w but i enjoyed them and some are hard to find.

A bridge too far. x2 on the Memphis Belle. One of my favorite movies period.

Where Eagles Dare. Little before my time but damn it was good.

Oh and Casablanca. TRUE classic.

When Full Metal Jacket first came out on VHS, my mom rented it. I must have been about 7 or 8 years old at the time, and my brother is two years younger. We weren't watching the movie with her, but she called us inside to see the suicide scene. She kept rewinding and playing the part where he stuck the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger several times. We had just gotten a new VCR that was fairly high tech at the time, so we could even watch it in slow motion. "Look," she said, "you can even see the top of his skull pop up!" Then she said we couldn't watch the rest of the movie because it was too violent.

I didn't watch the movie in its entirety until I was 26 years old.

Anything with lots of cool guns:biggrin:

I love all the "war" movies. I love to see the US forces kick but. I even watch all the cheesy delta force movies;) BlackHawk down is awesome... Anyone seen that one with Bruce Willis about being in Africa? That was good too...

Smokin Aces I & II, Crank(s), but my favorite is Shooter:biggrin:

Movies

Hot Shots
Hot Shots part Deux
Top Secret with Val Kilmer

oh and Shaving Ryans Privates. Wait that can't be right.:eek:

"WE were Soldiers" MEL Gibson is a great war flick probably right under "Black hawk down"
Also a true story.

war movies

The tank.... tora,tora,tora, inglourious basterds and red dawn i think

Force 10 from/to (dont remember) navarone
Hell in the Pacific
Band of Brothers
Missing in Action......you know that Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer:D
Red Dawn
Sgt York
Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
D Day