Favorite car to Race?

Sinister87

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite car to beat in a street race was? It seems there are alot of kill stories against vettes in this site, so I was just curious. Is the vette, the big dog on top, that eveyone aims their sites at, or is it just concidence. This is coming from a vette owner:D

I personnally prefer killing a VIPER, seeing there discourage face when I pull hard ahead on them, for me is worthing every dollar I've put on the Buick. With a Vette It's even easier and again those faces are something to see. :D

Yeah FREAK, it's always fun to beat up on stock cars, ehh;) By the way, your T-type looked identical to the one I owned, except, I had gn rims on mine and it was basically stock.

i like beating up on vettes. I think i beat 3 at the track last night, all newer ones too. a zo6 got away from me, but i was running bad.

i can't pass up some rice. i know there almost all slow, but they think there fast and thats what counts.

No offence Denn but high 12's to some aren't considered that fast anymore, but then again I don't own rice;) Also i have seen some fast imports out their. That's whats great about this country, we all have the right to have an opinion:D

Originally posted by Sinister87
I was just wondering what everyone's favorite car to beat in a street race was? It seems there are alot of kill stories against vettes in this site, so I was just curious. Is the vette, the big dog on top, that eveyone aims their sites at, or is it just concidence. This is coming from a vette owner:D

I like killing anything/anybody that thinks it has a chance agianst the buick....

Win or lose I enjoy racing but I especially like racing people like you 87gn that think they are unbeatable, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have pride in your ride but don't for a second ever think your unbeatable.

Of course, I meant to say that earlier, I always race at a sanctioned track or closed course.:D By the way nice track times you have there at 5800 ft.

Win or lose I enjoy racing but I especially like racing people like you 87gn that think they are unbeatable, don't get me wrong, it's nice to have pride in your ride but don't for a second ever think your unbeatable.

quote - I like racing anything that thinks it stands a chance agianst the buick.

Meaning - I like racing anyone who revs, gets on it, or generaly thinks they will win,

Then there are the people that KNOW they will win,

I didnt say that i was unbeatable.

Also, i like racing things i dont know about, that way i can find out what i can and cant beat. I know i cant beat a Z06, i know i cant beat a SRT10 viper, however the normal GTS and Normal Vetts, i dont know, but i think ill have a good chance agianst one..

The guys on bikes think they cant be beat . I remember when i went to a burger stand were alot of steet racers go. There was a group of bikes taking up way to many spaces and i asked if they would move there bikes closer together. This smart ass kid says what kind of car do you drive. I said one thats faster than any of your bikes and its a V6 LOL:D
They moved there bikes and said none of them had run a 9sec pass
:D

I know its a light snack for you GN'ers but i like to dine on Stangs, and F-bodys of the regular V8 variety.

They hate being spanked by a 2000 Regal.:D

87 gn I completley understand what you are saying, and I understand this is a GN site, so of course that's mainly what this kill section is going to be, I have a love for all fast cars, if they are done right, especially GM products. I admit it was fun racing my T-type, when I had it because the majority of people didn't have a clue as to what the hell they just raced :D and I agree that if and when I get another GN, I will no doubt enjoy racing cars that are supposed to win but maybe don't, some of the times and that's part of the fun about these cars, the mystique, well that and they can be made to run like a raped ape on 6 vs 8 cylinders. So in closing 87gn, I'm sorry if I came off as an ass, I just have pride in my rides too:cool: and when you pull beside someone you never know what you'll end up with untill you run them.:)

Hey Geno, those were WISE kids. You have yourself a nice ride their. I'd enjoy racing you,,,, just to see your tailights that is:D Damn fast car, street driven too, Nice:cool:

No offence Denn but high 12's to some aren't considered that fast anymore, but then again I don't own rice;) Also i have seen some fast imports out their. That's whats great about this country, we all have the right to have an opinion:D

personally i dont' think high 12's are too fast. too bad my car isnt' there yet, and probably never will be as long as i own it.

one thing your not seeing is i live a mile above the rest of the world (denver, i know what you were thinking...) most cars are naturally asperated, and the altitude really affects them, or more so than it does me. high 12's up here aren't bad. actually its not very common to see street cars at the track running anything faster than 13's. thats not saying there aren't 10 sec. street driven cars there, but there few and far between. the majority of street cars are in the high 13's up here. Z06's from what i have seen run low low 14's to high 13's. thats compared to low 13's and into the 12's at sea level.

no offence taken.

Hey Denn, I agree with you on one thing, elevation doesn't effect forced induction cars as much as it does n/a cars, and as to what I'm thinking, you shouldn't worry yourself as to what I'm thinking because I don't drive your ride, you do, so that's who you should be pleasing. ;) As far as the Z06's in VA, they are running low 12's. exactly what I was running before the rebuilt engine. Also, I didn't say that I personally THOUGHT that high 12's were slow for the street but I do know others do, you know John Force, Joe Amatto,Tony Pedregon.Enjoy yourself, later:D

heh, what is funny to race are those guys in the big trucks for err, compensation if they have a noisy exhaust all the better. (SyTy guys would know more about this probably) The best of all in my opinion are the ones who run their mouths for hours on end about how their car can beat your car, especially if you ream them good. Far as it goes, if/whenever I get my minivan done (I'm in the process of parts aquisition for a turbo Buick powered Astro van) I wanna get about half a dozen people together, go down to Nopi or some other big ricer show and start terrorizing the rice for profit. :D

So I guess in your opinion the guys that have lighting's and SRT-10's are compensating for something.:rolleyes: I always find it amusing when one man is constantly thinking of anothers genitals.;)

sinister:nah, it's not like that. It's that I'm in southern illinois and all the rednecks drive giant pickup trucks with the noisiest dual exhaust possible and it drives me nuts, or even worse that some yuppies in the area buy em because they think it's a status symbol to drive a pickup and haul things in it perhaps 3 times a year.