Fault Code 31

ZMonte85

it's not a GN...
Recently my check engine light has come on with a fault code 31, wastegate solenoid signal. Now I haven't been using the solenoid to control boost since I bought the car. I have had a manual inline boost controller. I have left the solenoid electrically plugged in and blocked off the vacuum lines. Why all the sudden would I be getting this fault? If the solenoid itself is bad, is there a way I can make the ECM not want to see the signal coming from the solenoid since I'm not using it?

Quick rundown of my setup, 009s, gt3255e w/ THDP, stock MAF, RJC power plate, Erson 208 cam, otherwise stock engine.

Any help is appreciated.

What kind of chip are you running?

I myself have the Turbo Tweak street chip. I contacted Eric who informed me when the chip is burned the waste gate solenoid function is disabled.

With that I unplugged and removed my waste gate solenoid, with no SES light on.

Check your 10 amp ECM/SOL fuse on your fuse block. This controls the power for the wastegate solenoid as well as the TCC lockup for the tranny. If burned, replace. If it blows again, disconnect the 4 wire tranny plug on the drivers side and re-test. You could have a bad lockup solenoid in your transmission.

Thanks for the info. Right now I have a PTE street 93 chip in it. I will check the fuse and TCC solenoid. Thanks again.