FASTEST stock longblock 109

"boostedLC2" on this forum:
86 T-Type
TE45a, PTE f/m, stock motor & trans
Yank 10" L/U 3500 stall converter
Translator +, LS6 MAF, 75# Extreme
10.495@129.84, 1.508 60 ft

"stangbanger" on this forum:
87 GN, owned since new. Stock (unopened) engine, Janis roller trans w/ Perf. Trans. 9/11 torque converter. Limit Engineering TA-61, MJ 17 row, 55# inj, XP double pumps, Raptor MAF. Best 1/4 mile - 10.66 & 126.40. Best 1/8 mile - 6.80 & 102.42. Best 60' - 1.46

"boostedLC2" on this forum:
86 T-Type
TE45a, PTE f/m, stock motor & trans
Yank 10" L/U 3500 stall converter
Translator +, LS6 MAF, 75# Extreme
10.495@129.84, 1.508 60 ft

"stangbanger" on this forum:
87 GN, owned since new. Stock (unopened) engine, Janis roller trans w/ Perf. Trans. 9/11 torque converter. Limit Engineering TA-61, MJ 17 row, 55# inj, XP double pumps, Raptor MAF. Best 1/4 mile - 10.66 & 126.40. Best 1/8 mile - 6.80 & 102.42. Best 60' - 1.46
With stock heads?

I know it's not the fastest, but I went 11.1 @ 119 with my stocker. Heads and intake were never off. Did have new valve springs though (I did them with the heads on the car.) Was planning on going faster but I ignored a tuning issue it had (got greedy at the track) and melted a piston right after the 11.1 run. It never did blow the head gaskets. This was with a pt54 and a Bradco non-lockup converter. If I knew then what I know now, it would have gone faster lol. I used turbo Blue (C16 would have probably saved the piston) and an old non-adjustable chip. The car was also cutting 1.6X 60 foots:redface: I was also revving the stock cam shaft past 5500 rpm.

Today I wonder what a better cam, TT chip, better 60's, and c16 would have got me.

I know it's not the fastest, but I went 11.1 @ 119 with my stocker. Heads were never off. Did have new valve springs though (I did them with the heads on the car.) Was planning on going faster but I ignored a tuning issue it had (got greedy at the track) and melted a piston right after the 11.1 run. It never did blow the head gaskets. This was with a pt54 and a Bradco non-lockup converter. If I knew then what I know now, it would have gone faster lol. I used turbo Blue (C16 would have probably saved the piston) and an old non-adjustable chip. The car was also cutting 1.6X 60 foots:redface: I was also revving the stock cam shaft past 5500 rpm.

Today I wonder what a better cam, TT chip, better 60's, and c16 would have got me.
That's impressive.

I had a customer.. think his name was Ron Hammons.. that ran 10.6-10.7 with a bone stock longblock. Turbo was a 67, he would use a stageright transbrake and leave at 10-12 PSI.. lock the converter on the line.. as soon as the car would leave and hit 2nd.. it would lock the converter and ride out the pass locked up to keep the rpm's down. This was 30+ psi boost.

Bob Wren from Ga at Reynolds in TAI trim ran a stock "short block"(stock crank, rods, pistons) to 10.1 at 137. He eventually torched a piston and should be up and running again. Yes that motor has different heads.

My TTA went 10.55 at 132 with stock crank, rods, pistons.

That's impressive.

Thanks!

I got a customer's car that has potential to lay the number down. It's a 30K mile car, heads/intake never off.
I'm installing:
6765 billet ball bearing turbo
new v-springs
double pumper
all out extremeautomatics 200 4r
edge converter
rear end goodies (33 spline, spool, ford ends)
xfi
95# injectors
and a few other things

car has a razor kit on it already.

The customer came up with this combo...we will see how it does. Tuning will be in the hands of Cal Hartline. If the customer wants to push it...it has some good potential imo. Car is limited by suspension, cam and heads, but it will mph like a mofo;) Hope to run the tia class in bg this year with it.

Jim H. went 10.495 on a bone stock long block (just new valve springs and timing chain), engine had never been opened up.

TE45A, 75 lb injectors, PTE front mount, Translator Plus and 85mm MAF, Extender Extreme chip, Yank converter. 29 lbs of boost and careful tuning.

This was 5 years ago or so.

Bob

Jim H. went 10.495 on a bone stock long block (just new valve springs and timing chain), engine had never been opened up.

TE45A, 75 lb injectors, PTE front mount, Translator Plus and 85mm MAF, Extender Extreme chip, Yank converter. 29 lbs of boost and careful tuning.

This was 5 years ago or so.

Bob

Dang that sure is impressive!

yes that is impressive ... im just trying to find the bench mark to beat :cool:

I only went 10.97 with a stock longblock with only valvesprings changed with the heads on the car stock timing chain stock hg's. stock maf an so on. I dont know how to tune . im sure it had more.

See sig
Not the fastest but it was a bone stock engine..had to shift before 5k...valve float...
im sure with springs i might have gotten a lil more mph

A Cal Hartline tune played a big factor in this number...

-Dan