Fastest Passes with the Precision 6466 Post Here

Whats the point of not posting?? Wheres the benefit? Maybe that will keep someone from making the wrong decision and buy a 64 where they "thought" a 67 would be what they needed..... is there some kinda new 64mm buick specific class coming up?
Why make a post saying that you're not going to post that doesn't make any sense
There's a lot of point. The owner is a street racer and doesn't want his info all over the internet. He would be happy to line up against other racers in the northeast though. The 64 and the 67 both use the same turbine. With the small ex housing there isn't any noticeable difference.

There's a lot of point. The owner is a street racer and doesn't want his info all over the internet. He would be happy to line up against other racers in the northeast though. The 64 and the 67 both use the same turbine. With the small ex housing there isn't any noticeable difference.

I understand what ur saying... I would have never actually made a post in the thread is all so I was wondering what your mentality was...... All your response did was raise more questions that u cant / dont want to speak on

I understand what ur saying... I would have never actually made a post in the thread is all so I was wondering what your mentality was...... All your response did was raise more questions that u cant / dont want to speak on

Agree

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you posted a time/mph ( i.e. 9.8@136) w/ no further info, how would anyone know who's car it is or any info about the person/combo/etc?

Moving on....what do you think the 6466 can do on 231ci/250ci/S2 set up, taking into account the builds are appropriate for the 6466 turbo?

The car ran within a tenth of the quickest post I've seen here and was a vacuum launch and the car is fairly stock appearing and 3650lbs. Boost under 30psi. The car has to be built for it's intended purpose or it won't go. The 6466 will support 9.50 power in a full weight car.

The car ran within a tenth of the quickest post I've seen here and was a vacuum launch and the car is fairly stock appearing and 3650lbs. Boost under 30psi. The car has to be built for it's intended purpose or it won't go. The 6466 will support 9.50 power in a full weight car.

I agree... The turbo has already performed at the same level VS the 67hpq and is no where near maxed out. My guess is the 6466 makes at least 75 horse more than the 70GTQ that I have... in TAI land amongst the quickest cars the 64 and 67 out perform my 70 as they are running at under 30psi what it takes me over 30psi to do..

I agree... The turbo has already performed at the same level VS the 67hpq and is no where near maxed out. My guess is the 6466 makes at least 75 horse more than the 70GTQ that I have... in TAI land amongst the quickest cars the 64 and 67 out perform my 70 as they are running at under 30psi what it takes me over 30psi to do..
The 70gtq has been high 140's in the quarter and I doubt the 6466 will run that fast. I ran 138.4mph@3600 lbs with the same exact turbo that's on your car and the boost was low 20's in 1st/2nd and 24 most of third with a couple frames hitting 25.1psi on 93/alky. With good fuel and 32-33psi/revised timing it will run 146-147mph. They all give up fast when they hit backpressure and that's the limitation of all the 3 bolt turbos when running the wastegate traditionally. If you're taking more boost to run the number with the same turbo then you need to look elsewhere for the hp. Switching turbos won't increase it. The engine is this particular car has very favorable valve timing events and is using a tang 4 bolt housing and an electronic boost controller.

Moving on....what do you think the 6466 can do on 231ci/250ci/S2 set up, taking into account the builds are appropriate for the 6466 turbo?
9.50's if the backpressure is kept under control. Who defines what an appropriate build is?

Brian, You can post up my numbers anytime... (just not in the same class as previous posts) once you are done with the motor maybe you can drive the car down the track.. I am not sure my car will have enough to be worthy of this thread, but Brian you have my support to try...

How far have u pushed the 62? Combo and boost??

6.90 at 101.58 at 28 PSI...with mostly bolt on junk. TT 5.7 chip....tuning with NB...flat tappet cam...stock rockers...stock bottom end...AC convertor...old skool alky and 94. Had the heads opened up last fall when I had the engine freshened up. Should be able to knock a few tenths off that this year.

Bumping this back up. So will the gen 2 6466 support more hp than the 6766? Has anyone hit 9.50 with one in a full weight turbobuick?

The 6766 has been 8.8s in TSM trim. You are splitting hairs between the 64 and the 67. Not much of a spool up difference. The 67 is my choice of turbo.