Fastest on street tires?

matswtt

addicted to boost........
Whats the fastest anyone has been in the 1/8 on street tires?

Have 10" BF Goodridge and am curious how fast i can go.
"I'll get DRs when i burn these up;)"
would a rear sway bar help? or are they mainly for track cars. mines a DD

best 60' is 1.9

Whats the fastest anyone has been in the 1/8 on street tires?

Have 10" BF Goodridge and am curious how fast i can go.
"I'll get DRs when i burn these up;)"
would a rear sway bar help? or are they mainly for track cars. mines a DD

best 60' is 1.9

Not sure about 1/8 ET..... but board member Bird... went 11.1 @ 125 or so... on regular radials......nursing it the whole way....

At the time... his car was a low 10 sec car on race gas... and slicks.....

It is faster than that now :eek:

Otto Pernek went 9.40's @around 148mph on 325 MT drag radials. Not sure what his eight e.t. was but his 60' was 1.38. Its an S2 TSO car. For a high powered radial tired car its best to have a closed loop wastegate system with an electronic boost controller to soften the hit on the tires through the 330' mark.

I ran a 12.3 at 124 mph once on 225 60 VR 15 Yokohama AVS street tires. My new slicks wouldn't fit and I wanted to go racing...I did a massive burnout on them.

The best time ive run is 12.70 @ 109 mph on BF Goodrich Radial T/A's. 255-60-15 with a 1.92 sixty footer. I cooked the hell out of em. Haven't tried to run the street tires with my new combo though!

12.99 @ 106 on 245/50/16 Radial BFG T/A KDWS... 1.93 60ft... 19lbs of boost.

My car isnt that fast, but that aint bad on street tires! Did a Rolling burn out to pick up a litte bit of traction compound.

Dont do it....

Dont do it or get too carried away with the street tires first time i done that at the track. i spunned an engine bearing (Engine build) expensive
my engine was stock. all that spinnings not good ive learned too well also when i got my built trans from Dynotech Eric told me to put drags radials or good tires on before i start playin around bad tires will take out a transmission also it has to be under load like at the track is ok for a little spinn but back road with regular tires will take it out in short order. said he's seen 12sec. cars take out a tough built tranny that would be in a 9 or 10 sec car all because of bad or wrong tires (Expensive)

i will be giving this a shot I hope to be in the low 11's around 125mph on 295/50/16's BFG Raidal T/A tire. built motor, gn1's, t66dbb, FAST, alky.
Those all should help :)

This thread rocks! Ive been waiting for a street tire run thread, some say w/o street tires its not a real street car ;)

XxDarksidexX

i will be giving this a shot I hope to be in the low 11's around 125mph on 295/50/16's BFG Raidal T/A tire. built motor, gn1's, t66dbb, FAST, alky.
Those all should help :)

This thread rocks! Ive been waiting for a street tire run thread, some say w/o street tires its not a real street car ;)

XxDarksidexX

I'll predict 11.8 :D Just be careful with a 125+ mph trapping car on street tires - you don't want to get sideways and hit a wall or the car next to ya

I just went 122mph in the 1/4 and 96mph in the 1/8 in BG this year on 255/45-17's with 20lbs boost! It has the H&R bar and air bags and it didn't spin with a killer 2.297 60' :biggrin:

i've ran a 7.30 at 92 mph on 93 oct. street gas, with 265 60 15 m/t radials. put down a 1.64 60'

Ive really never tried hard to get any e.t. out of regular hard as a rock radials. Went 11.90-12.0's at around 124mph a few times back in 1999 on 255/45-16's radials. 60's were in the 2.0 sec range. Why be at a greater risk of losing control and wrecking your car on $hitty tires? Not worth it to me.