Fastest on Stock Rear

1988 Olds

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I searched and could not really find much information. I basically want to know how fast you guys/girls are going on stock 8.5 rears. I currently have a 7.5 in My Oldsmobile Cutlass running mid 13s on street tires right now. I'm hoping to upgrade to an 8.5 or something, get some slicks, and break into the 12s. The 8.5 Looks like it will be the easiest and cheapest way to go but I don't want to worry about having parts break on that also. Do you guys recommend putting in C-clip eliminators and alxes for a 12 second car? Thanks for any help

Hey guys, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I searched and could not really find much information. I basically want to know how fast you guys/girls are going on stock 8.5 rears. I currently have a 7.5 in My Oldsmobile Cutlass running mid 13s on street tires right now. I'm hoping to upgrade to an 8.5 or something, get some slicks, and break into the 12s. The 8.5 Looks like it will be the easiest and cheapest way to go but I don't want to worry about having parts break on that also. Do you guys recommend putting in C-clip eliminators and alxes for a 12 second car? Thanks for any help

I saw a built 8.5 go in the 9's on a full weight GN.

dont take a 7.5 in the 11's trust me. you should be good 12's all day long on it depending on your 60's

Thanks guys. I just am trying to find the cheapest way to put slicks on my car and break into the 12s. 9.98s is scary fast on a stock 8.5

150k on a stock rear cutting 1.5's into the 10's till the posi and spider gears decided not to take part it that anymore..was doing that for about 2 years when i had that setup

Thanks for the help guys. Now all I got to do is find a reasonably priced rear thats not 500 miles away

You'll be fine with the 8.5. I had a 7.5 in my 87 aerocoupe and I ran more 1/8th mile than 1/4. It had a auburn posi, but it went many 7.0 passes and a few 6.60's on spray until the axle dumped on the starting line. I then went to a 8.5 in it.

Posi Rear End

I Need Help On A Problem I'm Trying To Solve I'm Trying To Put A Posi Rear End On My 1981 Buick Regal 350 Small Block 350th Trans Stock Rear End I Want To Know Waht Is Going To Be The Best Way To Get A Posi Rear End On This Monster Is I Heard Thier Is A Kit Not Shure On That ,or If Some One Could Let Me Know What Posi Rear Ends Will Bolt Right In Thnx. Alot To Enyone That Has Some Input For Me!

what size is it ,a 7.5 or 8.5.are you wanting to go new or used?if new you could go auburn or an eaton.if you looking for used you could probaly find something on this board.

I have one in chicago $700 plus shipping. you can have the stock control arms and swaybar with it. that is drum to drum. I think i'm more than 500 miles away

yeah Chicago is kinda far. I think I'm going to go with an Ford 8.8 swap with 9in Ends now actually. Thanks for the help though guys.

150k on a stock rear cutting 1.5's into the 10's till the posi and spider gears decided not to take part it that anymore..was doing that for about 2 years when i had that setup

how many 10.XX runs @ 120+mph did you make before the stock rear/posi/gears took a crap on you?

thanks
DS

I still have the stock rear in mine, over 120+ for numerous years now.