Rear end Carrier Upgrade

1987noblegn

I went with a eaton tru-trac and haven’t had any issues . Held up to 700rwhp pretty easily . I put moser axles and the tru-trac with stock gears .with C Clip eliminators on the axels
I'm currently installing the exact same setup. Of course your pics are not available. Do you need the axle spacer that comes with the diff?

This is a good post as I want you upgrade my stock rear end also. right now all I have is the moser axel upgrade. I have had 60' times from 1.45 to 1.6 and feel I'm pressing my luck.feel I need thicker axles and drive shaft, not sure on brakes yet.
Want to keep stock appearance and not really keen on the ford rear end. I try to run 11.00 but have hit the 10.40 pass when permitted..
You all help me get my car running good again now let's see if we can make it safer. Thanks for the help
Steve c

Not worth a damn, years ago I broke an axle w/c-clip eliminators leaving the starting line.

The axle stayed in place, but the wheel and flange went down the track, and my car made a hard left turn and took out the 60' lights, and slammed into a Honda broadside?

For a street/strip car, go with the 30 spline axles!
This is the among the funniest things I've ever seen posted on here along with years ago Dennis kirban misunderstanding someone's question wich led him to emphatically explain that Richard Clark was not making zddp in his dna testing lab LMAO.. I'm crying laughing and I think it's got something to do with the use of a question mark after broadside

he always misused the question mark.......made you question what the hell he was saying a lot of the time

My $.02.
I used ONE set of the Moser clip eliminators.... PURE junk.
A totally poor design that requires "special tools" to change the seal.
They had pooched the seal when they put the assy together, then proceeded to give me a bunch of :poop:
when I asked for a new seal, or a part number for it.
"Proprietary design, you have to send it back and we'll change it".
End of that bull$hit. Made the "tools" & fixed it myself.
Mark Williams eliminators were used afterward. You can change the seals.
The next axle I modded got 9" Ford ends w/ big brgs and a NHRA legal retainer.