fastest carbed turbo regal?

We will keep it just in case. I do have the 85 hot air intake with all sensors and injectors I may want to get ride of. I also have the wiring harness, computer, red's chip for the stock injectors (never run) and new MSD 50 lb. injectors with a chip for them, never run. The TB and MAF are good as well, everthing was running when we spun a rod bearing and pulled the motor.

Jim

Well dads been using my name to report progress but heres how everything is supposed to work. first off all of the carb work is done by CSU carbs so i cant help there. The carb is designed specifically for blowthrough to my specs by Kevin at csu. I have an adjustable fpr that is on a 1-1 rise with boost. so i start out at say 8# at 25#of boost i have 33# fuel pressure. there are different adjustments i can make with brpv's and simple primary and secondary jet changes just like a normal carb to taylor the fuel curve. as far as ignition i have a msd 6al btm box that will pull timing with each # of boost. The distributer is locked out at say 35 degrees. The box pulls a max of 15 degrees total so to start and play it safe I will pull the max of 3 degrees per # of boost so when i hit 5# I will be at the safe 20 degrees I want to start at. As I get greedy I will pull less timing per degree. The high initial timing helps off of the hit. As long as I have the afr right (i have a wideband o2 sensor) and timing on, I WILL make power. I feel that I have a better fuel distribution from the manifold(i don't like having to restrict flow to balance it ie a plate on the stock intake)and I have what I believe to be a better ignition system(no wasted spark), so it should work. The only thing im giving up is a little streetabliliy, but everyone else with a B/T says that it isn't to bad. Im excited to be doing something diffrent. Im not worried about the carb working its the motor build by me that im worried about:D
here is a mock up picbtw the carb im getting will be powdercoated black and is based on a 4150 holley. The hat is an EV o-ringed bonnet

here is the link to CSU for anyone interested Carburetor Solutions Unlimited

and here is a list of blow through cars to look through Blow-thru database "ONLY", no replies or comments, etc.
don't let the mustang part fool you these guys are a mix of domestic brands and help each other regardless of make the only loyalty lies with horsepower at least in the blowthrough section. i have never seen so many ford Chevy mopar guys getting along and helping each other out on a message board before

I will be glad to try to help anyone with any questions as there are alot of little details that only matter to those willing to go for it

Slow, but progress is being made.

DSC01213.jpg

DSC01218.jpg

DSC01221.jpg

got the carb

Well i got the carb and man it is a work of art. The pics dont do it justice. Now i have to make all of the braided lines for all of the oil and trans fluid and all of the fuel lines. I just finished making my turbo oil drain line and i can tell this stuff is going to piss me off:rolleyes: . I still have to mount the fuel cell and get a driveshaft as well as wiring everything up.anyway here are some pics of progress.

ETA is less than a month i hope:D

Well i got the carb and man it is a work of art. The pics dont do it justice. Now i have to make all of the braided lines for all of the oil and trans fluid and all of the fuel lines. I just finished making my turbo oil drain line and i can tell this stuff is going to piss me off:rolleyes: . I still have to mount the fuel cell and get a driveshaft as well as wiring everything up.anyway here are some pics of progress.

ETA is less than a month i hope:D

id like to see more pics of this setup!

I haven't seen this yet. We started our projects about the same time I think I did mine a little earlier, Perhaps this one was never finished??

It's a little before I joined and I have seen it but this guy kinda dropped off the board for some reason. Wish he'd come back and tell us if he finished it or not though.

No doubt Charlie, I'd like to know the story with this particular engine. and the end result, It's eeriely comparative to my build.

No doubt Charlie, I'd like to know the story with this particular engine. and the end result, It's eeriely comparative to my build.

Send him a PM Adam. He might come back if he gets contacted. I think several of us would like to see how he's doing now.