FAST XFI or BIG STUFF???

Cheeseburger

I am in the market in the next few months for a fuel management system for my car (Stage II race).
I know a little about the XFI but not much about the BIG STUFF system.
Also looking into the options of each such as EGT and so on.

For those that do know, what are the pro's and con's of each unit?

Help me make a firm decision on a new fuel management system!:smile:

Thanks in Advance,
Mike.

Can't go wrong with either one Mike,im partial to the XFI but also like the BS3.Your best to make your choice on support you will get with it.Especiallly from the vendor you buy from.The right vendors help alone is worth big money.Look at the stats each vendor has as far as customers and make your choice.

I am in the market in the next few months for a fuel management system for my car (Stage II race).
I know a little about the XFI but not much about the BIG STUFF system.
Also looking into the options of each such as EGT and so on.

For those that do know, what are the pro's and con's of each unit?

Help me make a firm decision on a new fuel management system!:smile:

Thanks in Advance,
Mike.

The BS3 egt kit is a Racepak part that integrates via the Racepak connector(optional) on the ECU so you can bet they will be very accurate, but are not cheap.

For a race application either system is just as capable as the other for getting the job done. Just remember whoever you buy your system from you will be dealing with for a long time so buy from one who proves their value on the race track and the tech department at the same time.

I've had both and TED and OTTO are right. It's all about the support after the sale...

Well I cant say the same Ive only had the FAST but the support has been great. Mine came from Cotton.

From what I have heard, both systems were designed by the same person. The FAST under contract to another company. The BS3 has more bells and whistles that the contractor elected not to go with. Maybe someone can confirm or correct this.

From what I have heard, both systems were designed by the same person. The FAST under contract to another company. The BS3 has more bells and whistles that the contractor elected not to go with. Maybe someone can confirm or correct this.

John Meany designed the BS3 ans well as the original FAST,But not the XFI.
I believe this is how it went.

Yes BS3 has electronic torque management (Traction control). It is optional.

I know Petty/Lynch and Mike Moran use it.

I ran out of time last year to work with it. I am planning on doing some testing with it this spring.