FAST installation problems

v6turbojunkie

Ok, I installed the WB02 sensor and then ran the jumper harness(#30-C018) to the cockpit. Then I'm supposed to install the seven wires coming from the ecm into a connector and plug it into the harness. Problem is the connector is wrong. It is the little square looking ports and I need blades. Should I solder the connection and skip the connector?
Thanks
John

you are missing the jumper harness. DONT CUT THE WIRES!
same thing happened to me.

surej

Originally posted by DR BOOST
you are missing the jumper harness. DONT CUT THE WIRES!
same thing happened to me.

surej

You mean there's another jumper harness??!!! I already have so much excess wire that it surprises me they'd put another one in there.

Also, where is your PCM located? The instructions give some options like stock location, glove comp., or behind the glove compartment. I was thinking the glove comp would be good so if I need to take it out or something that I wouldn't have to fight the rollbar and passenger seat for enough space to get to the darn thing.

Originally posted by DR BOOST
i keep it under the passenger seat. i had loads of wire under my carpet.

surej

:) Glad to see they give us extra wire, I make simple things into a nightmare sometimes so I always need some room for mistakes and mishaps. I think mine is going under the seat too.

It means the fast computer box or ecu. Heres a little tip that you should think about, do not run the o2 wiring near any high current sources, or ignition wires, I ran shielding on mine, but maybe im a bit extreme. The voltage is so minimal on the wires that any induction could skew the readings

I mounted mine to the kick panel where the old ecm used to be if you want pic's I can send some this weekend. Just left the ecm holder out.

Steve