FAST Crank Reference Angle on Dodge Dakota

Blown98RT

Craig -

I was wondering the correct method for checking the crank reference angle on a 98 Dodge Dakota (if it can be adjusted). I notice in the demo dakota file that ships with the C-Comm Winows it is "7". On the Dakota, we don't have a traditional mechnical distributor but we do have a distributor shell that has a cam position sensor inside. I know on stock ecu's, this is used to adjust the injector fuel sync. I want to make sure this is correct before I chase my tail in tuning!

Thanks,

John Walker
98 Dodge Dakota R/T
12.81@109.5, 2.05 60'

The crank sensor isn't adjustable on that one. 7 degrees should be at least within a couple degrees for you. As far as the cam sensor, it is used in this application. Since there are 8 pulses per crankshaft rev instead of 4, the ECU "skips" every other one. The cam sensor is used to help the ECU figure out which 4 to use.

There is a huge window where the cam sensor location can be. But changing cam sensor location means rephasing the rotor as well. We found that phasing the rotor at 30 degrees got everything in the right spot and very happy. :D

Thanks for the reply Craig. Is 30 degrees far off from the Factory Service Manual recommended location? Forgive me for my ignorance, but I take it phasing the rotor would move the distributor left or right so many degrees in relation to the block? Is this something that I should screw with? :) Thanks again!

7 degrees is the crank reference number to use.. have it on mine and it works great.

As for the Cam Sync/Fuel Sync the setup that I have doesn't have it hooked up and functional (Marty at KRC Performance setup).. but have been curious about figuring out how to connect it to the FAST system so that I can use it to sync in cams when I want to swap them.

Maybe I outta give up and start diggin' at it a lil to see what I can figure out for the wiring.