FAST Bank-Bank Nitrous?

foxspy

Hey guys,

I've hooked up the nitrous system using the FAST, but it's not engaging. The ecu recognizing the signal and the N20 enable switches from 0 to 1. But it doesn't seem like it's engaging the solenoids. I just have the fuel solenoid hooked up right now to see what the fuel pressure does, no nitrous.

Does the older FAST ecu's (mine has Speed Pro label) control both fan and nitrous? I have electric fans, which I'm using the FAST to control also. I think I've read somewhere that the FAST can only control one, fan or nitrous.

Any help?

I also had that problem. My ecu was for hei with fan control. You can't run nitrous with this set-up. One solution is to get a work-around.... I got an option file from them that enabled the nitrous and I put the fans on a thermostat. I looked for that file for you but can not find it. Sorry.

I called FAST and they said I could run both fans and nitrous.??

I'm going to do a couple more tests and see what happens.

I have a switched 12v source going to the FAST from the system switch. Then I have the white wire from the FAST going to my fuel pressure safety switch, then from the safety switch to the relay (ground).

I did some testing and w/ the key off, I get a ground coming from the FAST to the safety switch, but not going to the relay since there's no fuel pressure. When I turn the key on w/ the fuel pump, I get a closed circuit from the FAST through the safety switch to the relay. But as soon as I arm the system it breaks the ground. Which that's what it's suppose to do but it doesn't close the circuit when the operation parameters are met.

On the main dashboard, it also shows my fuel pump going from 0 to 1 when I enable the nitrous system. So both N20 enalbe and fuel pump switch from 0 to 1??? I am not using the fuel pump wire.

I assume you don't run HEI then? Lance sent me the files to swap outputs from fan to nitrous and then back.

In your perameters are you meeting the min. TPS for activation?

I do have HEI. The guys at FAST just said I can run the fans and nitrous at the same time, maybe he was mistaken.

I'll call them again.

I am meeting TPS and RPM for activation.

I think they are mistaken. Not enough outputs for that on a bank to bank system. Which is the reason I got the files to swap. I will do a search and see if I find it.

I just got off the phone w/ FAST, talked to Matt and Heith.

They both said an option file wouldn't help the situation. I gave them my serial # and firmware version and they said it's an older version and needs updated. Something about the older ecus can only control one (fuel, fan, or nitrous) but the newer firmware can control all of them.

Foxspy, Bank/Bank ECU's setup for HEI ignitions DO NOT have nitrous control. There is an option file available that will enable NOS output but disable the Fan output.

Kevin

Okay, I guess I finally talked to someone at FAST that had a clue. They sent me an option file and it all works great.

Thanks for your help guys.