Farewell Micheal Jordan

darb

Just watched MJ play his last game ever. What an inspiration he has been to me and so many people. The sports world in general owes him so much for what he has done. The game of basketball will never truely be the same without him and I can only be so very grateful that I was able to watch the greatest basketball player the world has ever seen or will ever see. Poeple will be talking of his legacy for as long as the game of basketball exists. Thanks for the inspiration and all the memories.

Brad

Yeah, I watched that while on the stationary bike at the gym :D Was pretty cool/sad/etc all rolled into one.

Mike

it was cool when he retired the first two times but comming back for a different team kinda tarnished the whole thing. It was much cooler what mario lemiuex did, he bought the team he once saved from bankruptcy and saved them again and came back to play for them who he won two cups with. the washington wizards have no history, no background, it was like MJ playing for an expansion team. Hitting the winning shot against utah with da bulls was the perfect way to go out, but as a Wash wizards was sort of anti climatic. He's still the greatest athlete of our time and no kobe, vince carter, allen iverson or lebron james can top him.

But i really don't think we owe MJ anymore than we've already given him. He's got just about every ackalade know to man, including being voted the ESPN's greatest athlete ever. He's has also made alot of money off the youth of america, buying his shoes at alarming rates. Maybe a thanks for the good times, but thats about it.

MJ definetly didn't leave at the top of his game. He should have had a good talk with Barry Sanders or Jim brown. Its not like he had anything left to prove. Jerry Rice had to prove to the 49ers that he still has gas in the tank. joe montana,bo jackson and mario lemiuex didn't want to end their carrers on injuries. i never will understand MJ's reason for wearing 45 when he came back the second time and for comming back the third time and even moreso, not as a Bull. # 23 will always wear the black and red in my mind.

Michael Jordan needs to go away once and for all. :rolleyes:
I'm really tired of him. How many times are we going to go through this with him? The first comeback was great....to prove to himself and the rest of the world that he is the best and that he could still dominate.
Right now....he's a shadow of his former self and I can't stand to watch him.
The man is only out for himself and no one else. Anyone who believes he came back "to help the young kids learn to win" is an idiot. If he was here to help the kids learn how to win, ask Jerry Stackhouse and Kwame Brown what they think about him....I really doubt either has many good things to say about him when the cameras and mics are off. Stackhouse is going to lose millions in free agency because Jordan was the center of the offense in Washington and he just got pushed aside. Jordan even told him he'd take a backseat to Stack....and that didn't happen. Kwame Brown has the potential to be a very good player, and after the last 2 years (particularly the last couple of months) of being the main blame for the Wizards not making the playoffs he doesn't even know what confidence is. The kid is 20! Come on! Jordan is a penis and so is Bill Walton for all the Michael ass kissing. Go away...both of you. And the whole Bobby Simmons thing....Jordan convinces him to come out early after playing with him in a summer league that he's a first rounder. See this is important. Jordan told Simmons that he would take him in the first round...and he didn't. Yes, he did draft him in the 2nd round but who cares. 1st rounders are guaranteed money (millions) for 3 years...no matter what. Simmons gets drafted in the 2nd round...plays very little....plays in the CBA for a little while....and most important he loses that guaranteed money a 1st rounder should get. Had he stayed in school 1 more year he would have been a 1st rounder (barring injury) and gotten that guaranteed money. Jordan is a liar and a plague to his teammates.
For any bulls fans that think Jerry Krause was the reason for Jordan, Pippen, and Jackson leaving after the championship in 97....you're wrong. It was Jordan and Jackson....not Jerry Krause.
To you that still idolize him and think he's great and that it's sad he's leaving......it's time to get a clue.

/rant over

Dan K,

The NBA is what it is today all because of him. Like it or not, but the truth hurts doens't it. Some people have no respect. Now go smoke another one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MJ came back to play the game he has a love for that's all. He did not come back to prove anything to anyone. He already did that!
I believe his return was just to play the game he's played most of his life. A passion if you will.

I say the only reason he's retiring (for good this time) is because his body is telling him it can't take that kind of abuse anymore. Ask me how I know? I love to play the sport myself, however, my body can't take the abuse of jumping up down and running full court any longer. :(

That's why I golf more often now. Not as much abuse on the body. :)

For what it's worth :rolleyes:

Dannyo

Originally posted by darb
The NBA is what it is today all because of him. Like it or not, but the truth hurts doens't it. Some people have no respect. Now go smoke another one:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The game is only around today because of two guys....Larry and Magic. Really, that's it. The league was ready to die...and they brought it back in the early 80's. I'll agree that Michael took it to the next level, but nothing is "all because of him".
And you're right, I don't respect him anymore. Living an hour from Chicago, I hear all of the things that Jordan did and the way he acted, and how everyone always turned a blind eye when it came to him.
Was he a good man....maybe. Were the rules changed for him because of who he was....yes.
Maybe you should wake up a little and realize his leaving is a blessing. Let's hope he stays away from the game forever.

Hey I lived in Chicago until 4 years ago. The man was electrifying.

Yeah, he isn't an angel. What athlete is? He may be greedy, He

may be selfish. I don't know. Some people do kiss his a$$ and it

is a little annoying. His stint with the wizards was definitely anti-

climactic. But when he wore red and stepped on the court the

man was as exciting an athlete in any sport as I have ever seen

and any of us may ever see. Babe Ruth and maybe Ali are the

only other athletes I can think of that captivated their

generations -- becoming legends while still playing. Fire up the

video of the last championship and tell me it doesn't make you

feel warm inside. Jerry Krause is an idiot. Ask anyone who knows

basketball. He is regarded as one of the worst gm's in sports.

The man took a ride on Jordan's cape. How many

championships without MJ? 0. No flame intended - just my opinion.;)

Yeah, he isn't an angel. What athlete is?

I don't know about an angel but Tom Brady took a pay cut to lower the salary cap for the team. He made the good guy list if nothing else. Drew:)

Originally posted by Danster
MJ came back to play the game he has a love for that's all. He did not come back to prove anything to anyone. He already did that!
I believe his return was just to play the game he's played most of his life. A passion if you will.

Dannyo

If you knew anything about MJ you would know his passion is baseball. People make a joke of his baseball carrer but for someone who had not played in so long his actually did decent. It just shows that baseball is the hardest sport in the world when the great MJ is hittin .191

Dan K,

To praise somebody the way we all do because he can throw a ball into a hoop and pay them just plain stupid money, then give hem the attention we do, and then turn the other cheek the next day and forget about soldiers that die for us is just a prime example of what is wrong with this society.

I don't know about you but I as well as most everybody else put in a million times more effort to make $1 than all these other clowns do.

You need to go smoke another one.

Have to agree with you there Ted A! It's not just basketball, it's all sports. It's gotten to the point most familys can't enjoy going to see any sport(s) without spending a fortune. :rolleyes:

All professional atheletes are grossly overpaid.

Dannyo

Ted A.,

Not my fault or your fault that some people are physically and athletically blessed. It's not there fault they are paid as much as they are. The people want to see these guys play and they create revenue for owners and franchises. It's called supply and demand. The people demand it and the athletes supply. If people will pay, why wouldn't they get all that they can? You would also. This doesn't have a damn thing to do with our soldiers and the war. Totally differnet subject. As far you having to work so much more for a $, you wake up, and deal with it. It's called "life". I don't smoke, but you are more than welcome to go smoke another one!

Brad

tell me about it, i work for an MLB team making 7.50 an hour working 40 + hours a week with no benifits. There are crap players making a cool half a million like its nothing. Baseball is still the cheapest sport to go see, NFL you can't get tickets and hockey is ridiculously expensive. Don't know about NBA, no team in pittsburgh :D The best spectator sport for price and content is Division 1 college football, theres nothing like the expericence.

Ted A.,

Not my fault or your fault that some people are physically and athletically blessed. It's not there fault they are paid as much as they are. The people want to see these guys play and they create revenue for owners and franchises. It's called supply and demand. The people demand it and the athletes supply. If people will pay, why wouldn't they get all that they can? You would also. This doesn't have a damn thing to do with our soldiers and the war. Totally differnet subject. As far you having to work so much more for a $, you wake up, and deal with it. It's called "life". I don't smoke, but you are more than welcome to go smoke another one!

Brad

I see you must have passed your basic economics class in high school, congrats.