Fans FINALLY installed

Reapersgbodys

Well guys,
Bought my T last year, unfortunately bought the dual fans and harness from Kirban’s, planned on installing last year, but “new” radiator previous owner put in, oil cooler line took a dump, so, on to a new radiator.
Finally got the duals installed yesterday, after much trial, error, and custom fabricated brackets. Also finished up the custom radiator “box in” kit, helps having a complete fab/machine at your disposal.
Now, looks like I am going to have to drop the front sway bar in order to get the SLIC shroud to go back on. So, another day under the hood we goo!!!!!!
Hopefully have it ready to hit the road next weekend, as it’s NASCAR at MIS time this weekend!!!!

That’s what I thought too captndave, I had to buy a new scoop (fiberglass) due to a great forest bandit (raccoon) running out in front of me, but it will simply not fit, there just isn’t enough room for it to squeeze in. Maybe if I take off the pipes, and unbolt the intercooler, I can get it to drop in from the top.

You have to drop the shroud in place before installing the intercooler. There's not enough room for it to hook under the radiator support with the intercooler in the way.

Thanks Earl,
The original scoop pulled right out with the factory fan, but there is NO room with the duals.
Glad I did pull the sway bar, 1- the scoop dropped right in, 2- found a few things that need to be tightened up from the previous owner.
She now lives and breathes!!!!! Lol
Now off to the repair shop to get the few things done that are left while I go on vacation.
RJC deep sump oil pan, rear main seal, HR motor and trans mounts, and plugs and wires.
Gonna have a nice cruise next weekend!!!!!

Attachments

• A431832C-214D-4229-958E-6AD4204DA250.jpeg
    A431832C-214D-4229-958E-6AD4204DA250.jpeg
    898.1 KB · Views: 101
Well folks, she is back!!!!!!’
What a dream to have her back on the road, no oil or tranny leaks, runs phenomenal, went with the NGK U5’s, and was at the Shop for final button up, and got to get my hands dirty. Instantly saw a difference in idle form the 44’s previous owner had installed.
If anyone asks, yes, there is a big difference from OEM motor and trans mounts to HR mounts, yes, I feel more of the motor now, but don’t mind much, had the “torque strap” on when I bought it, and passenger side motor mount was wasted, source of false knock.
Now time for the show and cruising season, hopefully see some of you at the Eastpointe cruise tomorrow!!!!!

Attachments

• FADB248B-4891-46DF-8373-0A3DC3D7AA14.jpeg
    FADB248B-4891-46DF-8373-0A3DC3D7AA14.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 59