fan problem

bosted86

hello everyone.

little problem this afternoon. went out to the garage for a beer and the fans were running. i popped the hood and i could hear the soleniod clicking. after some wiggling and tapping they shut off. i can do alot mechanically with the car but the electrical part scares me. where should i start?

thanks.

Did you wiggle and tap one or both of the fan relays? If that is the case, perhaps the relay is sticking.

there is two relays? are they next to each other? which one is the time delay relay? the relay that was clicking was the one closest to the firewall and thats the one that i wiggled. the fans did not stay off and i had to disconnect the battery so it wouldnt kill it.

there is two relays? are they next to each other? which one is the time delay relay? the relay that was clicking was the one closest to the firewall and thats the one that i wiggled. the fans did not stay off and i had to disconnect the battery so it wouldnt kill it.

There should be three relays on the drivers side in front of the windshield wiper motor. The rectangular one in back is the time delay relay and the two square ones in front of it are the high and low speed relays. I just unplugged the inner most plug of the two in the time delay relay to disable it.

thanks for the link. the time delay one is the one that was clicking. i will unplug it for now. i did notice that the top of it was loose and could be opened. i figure moisture must have gotten in there.

thanks everyone

pat