FALKEN tires comments please...

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Does someone here has an opinion on Falken tires?...I'm about to buy a set of four Falken Ziex ZE-512 (2- 255-50-16's and 2- 245-50-16's) to put on some GTA "fronts". I'm pretty sure that's the size GNX's had when new.

Thanks,

Claude
________

I have the 512's in the back, they seemed to be ok for me but i havent driven my car in a while. But they didnt seem to bad for street driving, as for the front make sure their not to wide, mine is lowered a little in the front and they were rubbing pretty bad, i think i have 245 on the front and 275 in the rear, also mine are 17" impala ss wheels

I have the 512's on my IROC. Very nice tires. My IROC dont have near the power of the Buick, but I've had plenty of different tires and I'm not disappointed at all. I would buy another set without hesitation. my .02

Like em'

That's what we're running they are a good tire have them mounted on Hotwheel 68's wheels. Have had no problems reasonably priced to. They came as a combo wheel tire package from Discount tire. $700 with a $100 dollar rebate. They're the same size 16"ers

Allow me to recommend the tires I purchased for my similar wheels (16x8s). Sumitomo HTR-Z. Available in the proper sizes you want. ZR rated. And easy on the wallet. 4 tires under $300 (at least from Tirerack.com). Aggressive tread pattern.

DSC02142.jpg

There ok if you dont drive in the rain. Personaly I would go with Sumitomo there have a pretty good tread compound cant say the same for falken ther slide like crazy in the rain thier compound is hard were as sumitomo has a softer compound they might wear faster but at least you have some traction. The Sumitomo gets real tack when heatet also. Oh yeah did I mention I run Sumitomo tires and I had a bad Experience with falken's but anyway I just had to voice my opinion.

Thanks everyone for replying! ;) I finally ordered them yesterday afternoon from Home - Discount Tire Direct. I think I'm getting a good price at $340.20 for all 4 tires + $117. for shipping via UPS. Total is $457.70 I chose these sizes because they're the right size that came on GNX's...

thanks,

Claude.:wink: