Factory delco cd from a 1996 Chevy

Fast231

Turbo Luvr
Heya all, Got a deal on a cd/cass out of a 96 buick. I had a 32-12 pin adaptor built and i am going to install this weekend. Anyone care to share any problems i might have fabbing up mounting brackets.........

TIA

Seems as though i am talking to myself here:)

The unit i have dosnt fit, is this refered to a double din (that i have read about on this board)? The back end of the unit could prolly go if i tweeked the opening a little but the front end is stepped a little more..

What's the deal with a din and a half and a double din unit????:confused:

other than that the unit look's good balancing on my shifter but i ASSume it i'll be tough to drive;)

TIA

If the '96 Buick chassis is taller than the chassis in your factory Buick Regal 1.5 din then it is a double din unit and will not fit. You can make any GM delco 1.5 din fit in to the Regals radio opening.

Hey thanks for the info Wiz, Do you know if the din and a 1/2 is 21 pin or still the same 32 pin as i have now?? Dam shame not to use the harness i bought as i dont do wiring and this adapt unit that was made up at a shop is a work of art:cool:

Depending on which model 1.5 din you want to use, the harness connections will be different especially if you are talking about the newer 1.5 din models verses the older 1.5 models.

The Monsoon stereo from late model F-bodies will work as well as the radio found in Syclone's (it came in quite a few different GM cars)

Doug C.