external wastegate

Quiky One

Have any pics of your setup? Trying to get an idea of what work is involved.

Thanks Jason

enginedec06.jpg

perty easy, ext dp instal, wg on dp, run lines to boost controller :biggrin:

oooo I see. You had the DP made for the external. Who sells those elbows with the external built in. I'm trying to build a 3" DP for my TTA but no one wants to sell me an interal gated elbow.

Jason

oooo I see. You had the DP made for the external. Who sells those elbows with the external built in. I'm trying to build a 3" DP for my TTA but no one wants to sell me an interal gated elbow.

Jason

its an ATR extr DP, they are out of business. Did you try Gbody Parts? Johns Performance sells some TTA stuff too
HTH

No one sells a TTA DP. No one wants to make a TTA DP. No one even wants to attempt to make a TTA DP. I got my Cingular bill and I had atleast 10 different out of state numbers from calling around. So I'm gunna make my own dang downpipe. I just wish someone would sell me a friggin elbow internal or external. Sometimes I hate the TTA...

Jason

I met a guy at Mason-Dixon (Hagerstown, MD) who had an externally gated TTA Dp. Trouble is I don't know his name or who made the Dp. He did tell me his engine work was done at Anderson's, Buick race shop outside of Baltimore, Home. That TTA ran a mid 10 w/o a cage, so he was sent packin'
Good luck!

Well I'll call Bill tomorrow AM. Someone will supply me with an elbow or im buying a GN dp and cutting the elbow off myself.

JAson

The TA pipe is VERY difficult to build. A gn elbow wont work if you cut it off, it is not a sharp enough bend. At this point, a custom piece is the only way to go and generally it will run into some $$$$$$$$

The TA pipe is VERY difficult to build. A gn elbow wont work if you cut it off, it is not a sharp enough bend. At this point, a custom piece is the only way to go and generally it will run into some $$$$$$$$

I think he means he will cut off the whole bend all the way to the flange. I have been thinking about doing the same thing if I can't get an elbow.

Discard my email. I sent it before I saw this post. If someone would sell me a flange, I can and will make a DP but no one seems willing.

Jason

I have one F/S

No one sells a TTA DP. No one wants to make a TTA DP. No one even wants to attempt to make a TTA DP. I got my Cingular bill and I had atleast 10 different out of state numbers from calling around. So I'm gunna make my own dang downpipe. I just wish someone would sell me a friggin elbow internal or external. Sometimes I hate the TTA...

Jason

I have a ATR TTA external waste gate down pipe that came off my buddies car, it's now set up for a race gate. The pipe is stainless & in very good shape. If you would like it he will sell it. Let me know & Merry X mass. Charlie