External wastegate users - need help.

Dreamcar86

I would like to convert my car to an external wastegate. It is my understanding that they are much more accurate and reliable than the internal stock style ones.
My search is bringing up more questions than answers. What size is needed, what brand and are there any secrets or must knows to setting up a external wastegate?
Any and all help greatly appreciated.

i cant really answer all your questions but believe me, its much easyer than what you think.... Who ever you buy your wastegauge from, just tell them the size of the turbo you are running, and they will hook you up with the correct spring "size".... there are many great wastegauge company's out there. It just really depends what yuo are looking for. Billet, stainless steel, ech.... But get ready to pay some good money for the nice and good ones... good luck, and i doubt i answer any your questions, but i hope i brought some comfort to your concerns......good luck.......:biggrin: oh yeah, call Hye Tech Performance, or Cottons, they sell wategauge's, and Hye Tech Per, sells down pipes with the external set up already.....

There is nothing wrong with the internal gates up to about 600hp. At this point and above with the smaller turbos you will start to get some boost creep. If you arent getting any creep, i wouldnt even worry about it. Did you port your wastegate hole? Also in all actuality the external gates are more prone to sticking and getting carbon-d up than the internals.
If you do feel like spending the money, a 38 or 44mm Tial gate would work perfectly.