External Gate Flange Where to Buy?

artrenee10

Older...wiser...and broker...
Hi where can I get an external gate flange for an ATR dp? Gotta be someone out there still selling them somewheres?

Just got an ATR DP setup for an external gate...admittedly..this is a new one for me. Doing a lot of research, but the main question, is if I bought a DP setup for an external gate w/out the flange, is this my only solution? Is the stock adj wastegate actuator out the window? Or is there someway I can still run it? Thanks Pacecarta

an atr ext down pipe should have the flanges for the wastegate (external style)
thats why i asked because i cant imagine what flange you would need but you will need an external gate if it doesnt have one
atr had two styles of externals one for the atr deltagate (two bolts per flange) and another for the HKS gate (4bolt)
the atr external deltagate gate imho blows and most needed rebuild , an alternative is the old tail gate or the turbonetics evolution, or weld on new flanges for whatever gate you decide to run

and the internal wastegate is part of the stock turbo elbow , that elbow gets removed so the atr downpipe can bolt to the turbos exhaust housing

also when going to an external , the wastegate hole in the turbo exhaust housing should be an inch or less in diameter , you might want to open it up (port it) to the size of the pipe

any pics of what you have?

heres pic of the atr external gate for hks on my car
picture.php

Hey Paul...

My downpipe is exactly like yours but stainless..and it is lacking the flange...it was advertised as an External downpipe...hence why I am looking for the flange to mount the dp to..

i saw the pics

eBayISAPI.dll

thats not exactly an external downpipe but a pipe for use with an external gate
they were used back in the day when guys would put a deltagate (or two if needed !) onto the crossover

your going to need to get some stainless 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 pipe bends (youll have to decide) and then buy an external gate and flanges for that gate (might come with gate if you check ebay kits ) and then do some fabricating and welding

you could either drill the turbo flange for the exhaust to the gate and then run the outlet back into the downpipe like atr did on their external gate pipes... like mine was done or...
the perfered way to handle larger turbos these days is to run off the passenger header just before the turbo to the gate and then tie the gates output back to the downpipe ( if your not smogging the car or running a wideband in the downpipe you could just dump the vent to atmosphere

or on the cheap ..pick up rjc's internal downpipe flange with puck , chop off that flange and weld the pipe to rjcs flange and add a small peice of stainless cut to a wedge to cover and blend the puck area like done for std internal gate pipes downpipes but then youll have as much into the pipe cash and labor as if you'd bought a used THDP