Extended crank?

mc575

When I go to start car it has a extended crank then a pop sound from intake. This is a new problem as this car all ways ran well. I'm new to the turbo Ts so unsure where to go. Has plenty of fuel pressure . Around 40.
Almost feels like a timing issue. Module? Crank sensor? Any help at all is appreciated.

I did try a search to.

How extended is it ?? Is it long enough to install a blower groved pulley

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Remove the cam sensor cap and check the wheel for play. Should be keyed solid to the shaft. Allot of times the tab on the wheel will break allowing wheel to dance around.

1) check to make sure the crank sensor is not broke cracked or mis aligned on the interrupter ring. 2) after that maybe look into the cam sensor 3) TRY cranking with a little shot starting fluid when turning engine over to see if its not a fuel issue

Remove the cam sensor cap and check the wheel for play. Should be keyed solid to the shaft. Allot of times the tab on the wheel will break allowing wheel to dance around.
I did check cam sensor ring and its in great shape.

Mine did this exact same thing every time I started it for about 2 weeks.
It has not popped at all this week when starting! :confused:

You can tweak the cam sensor cap a few degrees and fix that too if everything else checks out good. Can't give you specifics, but I just move it one way a bit, start it, if it starts well and quick you're good, otherwise try it a bit in the other direction and see.

Ever replace the factory plastic tooth timing gears. ??? A few may now be missing.

Adjust the cam sensor cap! Those are the conditions of it being off slightly.

I thought cam sensor only gave #6 position?

I just pulled off crank sensor just now ,looks beat up so that will get replaced. I will try cam sensor adjust if there is still a problem.
Thanks ,I will reply results.

I thought cam sensor only gave #6 position?

I just pulled off crank sensor just now ,looks beat up so that will get replaced. I will try cam sensor adjust if there is still a problem.
Thanks ,I will reply results.

It does but they are tricky. Most say they either work or not, but I had the "pop" during start up like you, and a tweak of the cap fixed it. I take it one step further and adjust it until it fires faster. Sometimes if it just cranks a while, you can tweak the cap to make it start faster.