Extended crank?

It does but they are tricky. Most say they either work or not, but I had the "pop" during start up like you, and a tweak of the cap fixed it. I take it one step further and adjust it until it fires faster. Sometimes if it just cranks a while, you can tweak the cap to make it start faster.

ok, I tweaked the cam sensor and it starts normal now hot or cold.....thank you so much.

Cam sensor was replaced a few weeks ago and I have not driven car since.....must have been slightly off I guess.

ok, I tweaked the cam sensor and it starts normal now hot or cold.....thank you so much.

Cam sensor was replaced a few weeks ago and I have not driven car since.....must have been slightly off I guess.

Glad to hear it. Simple things make big differences on these cars. And always suspect the last thing you touched first.

One other thing I noticed, you stated bat was at 14.4V but your SM readings showed 13.7V. That is still good voltage but watch that difference between the measurement at the alt and the measurement on the SM. I monitor the voltage difference between the alt and the fuel pump relay. Lots of extra grounds keep the drop to a minimum.