Exhaust housing cracks???

Realspool

I have been searching for a Garrett .63 AR housing for my TE-44 turbo.I have 2 of them now.On one of the housing you can see 2 small hairline cracks on the closest lip inside near the middle but the crack does not go through on the other side.On the Garrett housing I received today there is also a crack in the identical same spot.On the lip on the inside in the middle.This seems to be 1 crack but it is longer and i can feel it on the other side of the lip.Can anybody tell me that is this just junk or can i use the one that is not cracked through without any problems ??? Also since all the Garretts for the TE-44 turbo's are used housings are they proned to cracking in that spot??? I had a Precision .63 housing but it didn't give me the throttle response I wanted for a street driven car although my car is not stock. :rolleyes:

every one that i have seen is cracked. ive used them cracked for years with no problems.

surej

Well maybe then i can salvage at least one of them because the one I have just has 2 small hairline cracks that can't be felt on the other side.But like I said the other .63 Garrett housing is cracked on the lip inside and i can feel the crack on the other side.If almost all of them are cracked,are most of them cracked but not all the way through.How much are these old used Garrett .63 's worth today???.Its not a wide open crack I was just wondering if that would hurt the spooling effect in that area of the Garrett???I was just wondering if I should keep this 2nd Garrett .63 as a back up or maybe just send it back???

I would not worry about the cracks i have used a few housings like that no problems, does not affect anything

I thought it was so unusual to get 2 Garrett housings cracked in the same exact spot.I guess if the cracks don't hurt performance and spooling it should be ok if your right.My thinking is how much do these old used .63 Garrett housings usually cost someone???