exercise

jlat

hello people of the TURBO; I don't go to the gym any more and home gyms wasn't in my brain but it's sounding better to me lately. I would workout harder with people around me but I came across this. google ROM machine and tell me what you think? Who knows wht it costs but it's kinda weird.
IBBY

I'm not sure of your age or physical condition, but I highly recommend p90X. It's much cheaper than a gym membership even if you buy weights. Just set your mind right and think 'I can do anything for 90 days'

hello people of the TURBO; I don't go to the gym any more and home gyms wasn't in my brain but it's sounding better to me lately. I would workout harder with people around me but I came across this. google ROM machine and tell me what you think? Who knows wht it costs but it's kinda weird.
IBBY

That thing has been around a long time...the 4 minute workout:rolleyes:. A little research and you can decide for yourself but here's just one glimpse of what some say about the ROM machine.

"The makers of the ROM Machine, like the manufacturers of other pieces of exercise equipment, make a variety of claims about its benefits. Experts in the worlds of medicine, exercise physiology and personal training disagree with the fundamental claims of the machine's manufacturer and recommend that people seeking to improve their personal fitness would be much better served by a less expensive, more time-tested type of equipment. Says Spottke, "You can get a better workout on a rowing machine, doing squats and dumbbell bench presses."

Before I could recommend any exercise program, home or otherwise, you'd have to share your fitness goals with us. I will say, like P90X, there are many home fitness programs out there that require very little equipment and provide challenging workouts. Share your goals for your fitness and I'll bet you get more responses.

Excercise should be adopted as a lifestyle...I've used a quality treadmill for more than 10 years now. Just a litte over 20 minutes day 4-5x a week. I've never been one of the "buff" guys, but I'm in my mid 40's, like my beer, and can still "see to pee"! :D

Nothing against the P90X program as I've been down the high intesity/repetition road too. I just found that as I got older, my joints couldn't take it.

Ab-wheel (WalMart, Academy), best $7.00 you will ever spend
works core & shoulders/back
you will hate it for the first three times
but I'm up to 4 sets of 25 every other day
start w/ 10 reps 4X every other day; the 2nd time is a biotch!:confused:
but you will see results in a few weeks

Do_O

lost 12 lbs in 6 weeks doing 5 k 4 -5 days a week 25 minutes CONCEPT 2
concept-2-rowing-machine.jpg

Buy a 25 pound kettlebell, use it 3 times a week, and you'll lose weight and increase muscle.

DDP Yoga

I also cycle extensively although I took last year off and got fat(ter). Im working to get it off now so I can be ready when cycling season kicks off.

hello people; Where do you think the best place is to buy a concept 2. I looked on graigs list but theres none. They seem very popular.
IBBY

hello people; I got the info. on that ROM machine and it's like $12,000 and the weight is like 450 lbs. I'm not going there but where is the best place to buy a concept 2?
IBBY

Don't forget nutrition is just as important as working out, go to bodybuilding.com you'll find plenty of workouts catered to what you want to achieve

Don't forget nutrition is just as important as working out, go to bodybuilding.com you'll find plenty of workouts catered to what you want to achieve
Like Bishir said..PX 90 will work. My niece went from a tubby to a cut up motivatd lady in 6 months with it. If you are motivated, try the Spartacus workout routine. You don't need money to get in great shape, only motivation. When I was young(a long time ago) I went from wimp to beast in about 18 months almost doubling arms and 1/2 again chest size. I recently started back to cardio and building mass again and am using just the basic free weights and challenging cardio runs/cycling.

Excercise should be adopted as a lifestyle...I've used a quality treadmill for more than 10 years now. Just a litte over 20 minutes day 4-5x a week. I've never been one of the "buff" guys, but I'm in my mid 40's, like my beer, and can still "see to pee"! :D

Nothing against the P90X program as I've been down the high intesity/repetition road too. I just found that as I got older, my joints couldn't take it.
I'm about the same way... Put the tread mill in front of the tv and do that while watching tv instead of sitting. I tend to enjoy being outside when its nice so i perfer to go biking, also like the change of scenery, and it helps to live near 20-30 miles of bike trails. The city can be traversed from one end to the other on bike trails staying off the distracted driver roads.