euro one piece head lights

Hey Don, go for it. Its hard to wite sarcasism. There are several pics of the Caprice lights on a Regal in the link. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that they sit just as vertically as the stock sealed beams. They should look canted and more aerodynamic IMO.

Maybe one of the old-timers can post a link to the company that made the one piece glass bumpers with the molded in fillers and lower deflector. I looked and couldn't find anything. I cant even think of the name so a search on the net didn't turn up anything either.

How are you guys going to handle the headlight bezels? Maybe trim the center section off and fiberglas ?

alphaenvirmgt-hey my name is conrad too =)

wildcard-I used to be a die hard buick conservative...your g-p has been my motivation.

turbofish38- naw man I agree with you....it would be nice to have a sleeker headlight but bolt on it alwasy nice. I have heard of some people using caddy headlights.

Scott Atk-you can remove the center of the bezel. I have some spare chrome ones to use then paint black. I'm gonna use tail lights from a 82-83 regal. I don't want a ricey, tacky car, just a little more updated...it is 2007, it would be nice to enjoy some of the frindge benifits and luxuries. thanks eric for the link. later on i'm gonna do the b-body 12' brakes too. I have started buying interior stuff from a 93 park ave to swap in.

If i wanted my GN to look like a european continental i would have moved to europe-leave them europeon headlights for the europeans. THE GNS LOOK BADASS ENOUGH WITH THE STOCK BEZELS AND HEADLIGHTS! I LOVE THEM!!!!.

Imagine life if we all had the same (old) face.

49-blues-an intellectual for sure. What a vast, broad and open mind you posess. I concur with you, 49-blues, you keep your stock 4 headlights and hey keep that powermaster too while your at it. If any of you body panels start to rust you had better not get any off any other car, besides a grand national, not even a regal, cause clearly that wouldn't be "Stock". What about tires...are they the stock size? How do you feel about the gta wheels?
I want my car to be unique to me, my creation will be vibrant, not just a some commonn, bland, motinous, cookie cutter old car.
when I post pics you will change your mind =)

Some things cannot be improved on other than the actual bulb intensity-but to put headlights that resemble a pimpmobile on my 35K gn is an outrage and would never happen. i havent used stock wheels in 10 years-actually i have 5 full sets of custom wheels for my 2 GN street and race-all brand new!

THE GNS LOOK BADASS ENOUGH WITH THE STOCK BEZELS AND HEADLIGHTS! I LOVE THEM!!!!.

Aman my Brother :cool:

Now don't get me wrong, it's your car and you have the right to change it how ever you want. As for me, there is very little you can do to improve the looks or perfomance the T-type/GN. The only thing that really comes to mind is the Power Master...Ray is not a fan of the stock brakes!

As for the whole respect deal, Little is a good guy and loves Buicks. He just loves having fun is all.

Everyone has their own tastes. Yes I too have always loved the 87 cuttys, almost bought one, black/grey interior:eek: I would never think of changing my exterior but I wish I had the money to have the seats and door panels done in the correct color leather with all the stitching in place. I mean, how cool would that be? But as everyone knows-I DON'T MAKE A LOT OF MONEY:eek: . I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board. I've even thought about putting park ave seats in my car, putting in 83 tailights, etc, but not to be different, just cause its cheaper. But I want this car to at least resemble a nice one so its gonna be the way it is. Now if I get this 87 limited n/a v6 car on the other hand, that's a whole new pot:rolleyes: .......

49-blues-what do pimps have to do with one peice headlights? do the cutlass's look like pimp's car, what about the montes? The real question is why am I entertaining such a stupid notion, what pimps you seen driving g-body cars, most are into escalades and balla ****.

svo ray-"there is little you can do to improve the looks or performance of a gn? think about that comment. there are a slew of performance modifications you can make, and there are a slew of appearence mods you can make.

usetaboost-guys I love the buick, and all other g-bodys and late a-bodys but cmon there are things out there that doo look better, plus if i don't like the one piece i can always swap it back original.

I was going to do the "caprice" headlight conversion on my Malibu. I already had a 4 head light header panel waiting to be used while I was painting my car but I installed the factory 2 headlight panel instead. I still like the idea and maybe one of these days I'll actually do it.

This thread needs pics of how a GN would look with euro headlights. I dont know how to use the custom photo programs.

Frank

turbofish has a link of how they look on a lowrider regal. on a gn it really shouldn't be that differant. When I do mine I will put some pics up. I'm gonna do the older 82-83 style also for the rear, with a light light black tint over the red area of the lamps

While I think it's a cool thought, after looking at the pics in Turbofish's link, I don't think they look as good.

Part of the reason they look nice on the Cutlass is because they sit Flush, giving the front end a smooth look.

The regals in the link had the composits, but they were still recessed by about ½ to ¾. Which really negates the intent of the switch to me.

NOW.. if you can make them sit up flush with the header, then that might look better.

Here's a pic of my cutlass for reference:

Attachments

• IMAGE_035.jpg
    IMAGE_035.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 556
madcat has a good point, if you could get them flush it would look pretty tight

svo ray-"there is little you can do to improve the looks or performance of a gn? think about that comment. there are a slew of performance modifications you can make, and there are a slew of appearence mods you can make.

Oh no sir, reread my comment again, AS FOR ME...

You're right, I could drop in a Stage motor or throw on a set of Hydros. The mods are endless both performance and cosmetics. It's all about personal taste and not about a lack of parts. The Buick Grand National in my opinion, is the Sexist car ever made :cool:

whoa my buddy is lookin to get a g-body, he just looked at the two differant cutlasses and he doesn't like the euro style one. i guess differant strokes for differant folks right.

Madcat455-your right but that prolly would be a big project. I also wanna be able to go back to stock if need be

whoa my buddy is lookin to get a g-body, he just looked at the two differant cutlasses and he doesn't like the euro style one. i guess differant strokes for differant folks right.

Madcat455-your right but that prolly would be a big project. I also wanna be able to go back to stock if need be

I'm indifferent to them... I like the euro's because they give me a greater choice for bulbs.

but personally... I'm like your buddy... I think the look of the Non euro's is "Meaner".

but... since I'm EXTREMLEY abusive to my cars... I really don't care:biggrin: that's why I don't have a GS anymore... or even a GN. They're too rare and should be treated nice... I'm not NICE.

So, I drive Hybrids... good drivetrains, in POS bodys.. So I won't cry if it gets hit, ditched, rolled.. ect.:eek:

Just find another $500 body, and start over:biggrin: