Etown trip with the New Gn last night..

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
Took the car on its maiden voyage down the track last night...18psi,Through the 3" Converter and exhaust the 1st pass,Cracked the dump the 2nd.

I bumped off the brake around 5psi...It hooked nice(1.5x)..But while the car lurched,I shifted too far and put the car right into D...So it launched,and went straight through 2nd gear in about 1sec,And straight to D at around 100ft out.

Went thru the traps@6300rpm's In D..On a 27"DR with 3.73's in the rear.(Gear swap coming)I think it was way out of the range of the cam,And it died a bit up top..Ran almost 99 in the 1/8th..and just under 121 in the 1/4

Either way...I was happy for only 18psi..:biggrin:

On the the Vid... Grand National 1st trip to Etown. - Car Videos on StreetFire

Congrats...Sounds like you have a runner there easy 10 sec ride with the gear swap and proper shifting.

Nice runs! :biggrin:

What brand and size rear tires are you running?

Nice passes, easy 10 sec ride when you swap the gears and/or turn up the boost a bit.

Nice runs! :biggrin:

What brand and size rear tires are you running?

The tires are 255/60/15's MT DR's Those are mounted on an old set of 15" mesh rims.

Normally the car has a pair of Toyo Proxies 275-45-16 on the rear on widened GBody GTA rims.

I just got my 315/45/16 MT Dr's in and will be mounting them up on the Wide GTA's

Attachments

• PB030871.jpg
    PB030871.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 434
86brick said:
Nice passes, easy 10 sec ride when you swap the gears and/or turn up the boost a bit.

I think if he was able to make the third pass that night he would have seen a solid ten second ET. He threw a little more timing in it for the third run, which of course was called cuz of the rain, but if he left it in drive that time and just foot braked it off the line, he would have seen that 10....

3.73's killed your potential. Go back with a 29" slick and leave the 3.73's in. Should go mid 10's easily

What would a wider tire do for him? My answer is nothing. He needs a taller tire.

Did someone post a question asking what it would do for him? I asked when he was gonna try out his new tires and what his 60 ft. was?

Try to stay on topic Bison...:rolleyes: