First track pass. 7.34 @ 93 1.64 .... looking for my next upgrades

What track is that at? When u going back? I run that same tire at 13 psi all the time and it usually hooks good but I have all the HR stuff in the back. It still hooked good back when I just had the Southside Machine lowers and the stock rear bar however. I just have the KYB shocks. I also do not run the front sway bar. I don't run air bags. You can experiment with the tire pressure and air bag pressure and probably make improvements. I think people used to just run the passenger side air bag with stock suspension with good results. The HR uppers, lowers, and sway bar are awesome but expensive as well. With the HR rear bar my car corners real good with no front bar. Removing the front bar is easy and free. Slicks definitely hook. Just have to decide what direction you want to go. I would try with the free stuff first. Also a 10 sec burnout sounds a little long?

Hmp In houston. Houston Motorsport Park. I live in montgomery. I might try seally next so I can make a 1/4 mi pass. Not sure when, have some work To do to the car. Definitely not going back until I fix my boost issue at minimum.

I’ll try lower air pressure next time in the tires
Before the airbag my right rear quarter panel was tearing up my tire.

I may consider going with spare wheels. There some sketchy folks up there though. I’d be scared of losing my stuff if I left it laying around while I was staging/Racing.

Do bias slicks wear down fast as hell cruising 60-70 on the highways? I assume you run them low pressure all the time.

I figured HMP but last time I was there the track prep was crazy good. Sunday is drag radial and slicks only I think and that keeps out the junk vehicles. I don't know if Sealy is even open much anymore. Since Henessy bought it it has become their private test track. Track prep there was usually bad. Royal Purple is good but if you run quicker than 11.5 they may kick you out for no roll bar. Friday night test and tune at Royal Purple gets super crowded these days and you can't get many runs in.

My tires used to hit the rear fenders and rub on the frame some. I put in new rear springs and the KYB shocks and that helped but they still hit going around a corner. The HR rear bar fixed that due to getting rid of the body roll. You can try rolling the fender lip a little. Also depends on what wheel and back spacing and offset you have. I have never run slicks on the street but it would probably be dicey due to the bias ply and low pressure. Running 13 psi in my drag radials on the street works fine but they do wear out fast because they are a very soft compound.

Get the boost issue fixed and let me know when you go back to the track. I am in Katy. I have my stock backup motor in my car now so I probably would not run it but I would be a spectator. My stroker motor is at the machine shop too.

Back before drag radials appeared I would chain my tires and ( locking ) tool box together to a fence . Use enough chain to wrap at least twice. If no fence available use pole or some type of permenate fixture at the track.

I figured HMP but last time I was there the track prep was crazy good. Sunday is drag radial and slicks only I think and that keeps out the junk vehicles. I don't know if Sealy is even open much anymore. Since Henessy bought it it has become their private test track. Track prep there was usually bad. Royal Purple is good but if you run quicker than 11.5 they may kick you out for no roll bar. Friday night test and tune at Royal Purple gets super crowded these days and you can't get many runs in.

My tires used to hit the rear fenders and rub on the frame some. I put in new rear springs and the KYB shocks and that helped but they still hit going around a corner. The HR rear bar fixed that due to getting rid of the body roll. You can try rolling the fender lip a little. Also depends on what wheel and back spacing and offset you have. I have never run slicks on the street but it would probably be dicey due to the bias ply and low pressure. Running 13 psi in my drag radials on the street works fine but they do wear out fast because they are a very soft compound.

Get the boost issue fixed and let me know when you go back to the track. I am in Katy. I have my stock backup motor in my car now so I probably would not run it but I would be a spectator. My stroker motor is at the machine shop too.

My other motor is at west side performance right. Now. They said a couple months. Killing me!

Yea Baytown has kicked me out in other cars. Too bad. If I go I’d shut it down at the 1000’ until I had the perfect launch and tune for a hail marry pass and see if I could get my 10 second slip. If not, no big deal.