et/mph from anybody running pt67gtq

nonosv6

i'm trying to pick a turbo for my car and i think i'm going with the pt67gtq,but would like some actual et mph from people using this turbo before i buy it...thanks guys.....joel

well, Precision is full of it (ask 'em how many race cars they have that are using a 67gtq.....)

first of all, any GTQ turbo will not work on a "stock" motor

with a built motor, 38-4000 stall may do it

a 67gtq is an all out race turbo.......not for a mild build

if you intend on using your car on the street, get something else (TA-49, 60, TE-44)

if you are looking toward low 10's......get the 67GTQ

Suburb, why don't you tell us what your goals and build are and then you can get an intelligent answer.....otherwise........

I have a 67 p trim 4" inlet housing .63 pte exhaust housing, and it spools as fast as my old pte54 3" inlet .63 pte exhaust housing. I have a yank 3200 stall, which gives about 27-2800 rpm at zero boost, and if I brake torque up to at least 5 psi the boost is over 20 psi before the car has moved 2 feet. So far, however, the 67 doesn't seem to make any more power but I have completely stock heads and cam and am only running about 22 psi in 3rd, same as with the 54. I expect big things when I order my ta heads next month.

Thanks Carl, that's the info I was lookin for. Friend of mine has a 67 P-trim and on a unopened motor didn't notice much difference in mph going from a 60. must be time for heads.

Some folks, myself included, think that the GT667 wheel is the one out of the TO4R that Garrett had a while back. HKS also has this turbo, but not sure if it is the same.

Does anyone have a compressor map for this turbo?

I would think that the GT67 would make quite a bit more power than the PT54. Maybe it just likes to move a lot of air at low boost. Limit says that they sell the 67s as twins for the V8 guys that do not move a lot of boost.