Eragon - anyone else see it?

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
I rented it the other night. I love dragons so I gave it a shot.

Jeremy Irons rocked as he always does....
Story line seemed to move too quickly....
Music was good...
Special effects, especially the dragon, were really good...

Anyone else see it?

I saw it and liked it.

Very well done movie, special effects were great, and best of all my kids 6 and 8 loved it.

We just watched it too. The whole family enjoyed it. Maybe a little too much, now we have the game for the Xbox also...

The book is 1000 times better then the movie. The battle scenes and action are way better in the book. The movie was done well, but it needed to be longer by at least an hour. So much information was lost from the book to the movie. But it was made for kids I guess.

The books are always better than the movies... or so say those who actually read books! :eek:

Of course, when reading a book, your own imagination in part, I'm sure, has to do with how well it's interpreted.

Didn't read the book... but thought the movie was pretty good!

Still waiting for my egg....... ;)

I have the book but have yet to read it.

The animation of the dragon reminded me a lot of the dragons in Reign of Fire (2002) which I thought was good, as far as special effects.

I too think the movie was too short and moved way to quickly but as far as entertainment goes I liked it a lot :)

Now if only I can find a brown leather jerkin like Eragon's to wear to work I will be all set :)

predictable derivative plot; Star Wars, etc. But kick@ss CGI; Anybody every read the sci-fi series "Dragon Riders of Pern" by Anne McCaffrey(sp?)
THAT would be a killer movie franchise (if done right)
:eek: OMG I'm revealng my hidden Geek!?!:eek:

D:)

Yup...loved the Pern stuff :)

I heard a rumor that 'they' are thinking of doing the Dragonlance stuff as a movie but not sure where I heard it.

Forget all you dragon loving geeks I'm going to go watch Star Trek.:biggrin: The way the movie ended was perfect for a sequel anyone hear when thats going to happen?

There are 3 books so I assume they will do part 2 and 3. I just dont know when. Book 3 isn't even out yet.

I

have both books that are out so far......but then...Ima geek, I think the books are great.. They did lose a lot of key elements in the movie...but then, that's what you have to do to pack that many pages into an hour and a half.