Engine temp and turn signal questions

87gninpa

First, is 195-205 too hot for a TR to be runing? Wondering this because i recently got my car and this was the first time i hooked up the scantool to the car directly after a long drive and the temp was 203deg. i know i should put my 160 deg thermostat in tha ti have, but im wondering if these temps are in any way damaging my engine??

second, my turn signals have started acting up recently. the left one will blink for 30 seconds then just stay on, and the right one wont go on at all. anyone ever have this problem?? any suggestions? any help is appreciated
TIA

87gninpa,

Believe the stock thermostat is a 195 F version so operating at 195 to 205 F is not too hot. But, still prefer temperatures closer to 160 F.

Your blinker problem is probably just a bad flasher. Replace the flasher that is underneath the steering wheel. Best to stick with either an OEM or OEM looking flasher. In my case, the fancier heavy-duty version did not work properly.

Richard

What do you mean the flasher under the steering wheel?? im not sure i know what your referring to

The flasher has an aluminum color, maybe an 1-1/4" in diameter and height and has two male spade connectors. Easy to get at any auto parts store and usually costs three or four dollars. Your car will have this same type flasher for the hazard lights that plugs into the fuse box. As a test, try the hazard flasher in place of the blinker flasher. If problem goes away, you have your answer.

Richard