Engine stalling

Mikey Schaefer

My car starts right up but stalls out within 5 seconds. I get a Volt and check engine light on the dash. I can hear the fuel pump running but engine stalls out within seconds . Getting about 42 pounds of fuel pressure but doesn't hold it for long. I had a bad battery and tried to start the car and with a charger. Replaced the battery. Do I have an electrical issue ? I can't keep the car running. does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Help!

What chip do you have in the ecm? Could be anti-theft built into the chip. Especially if the issue started after you had a completely dead battery, probably reset your chip.

Thanks for the response. I have a "full throttle" chip with anti-theft. I have attempted to reset. Did not fix problem.

With the bad battery and loss of power, then the anti theft feature is activated. You need to get it turned off before the car will start. Contact Full Throttle for the correct procedure.

What do you mean by reset the chip? Does that mean you performed the proper disarming sequence to deactivate anti-theft?