Engine revs when put in neutral or park

Skillet

With two Ss
I have a 87 GN that is having idle problems. I can not remember exactly when this started but for the last couple of months everytime I put the car in neutral or park the engine revs to at least 2500 and just sits there. It will not come down. However if you turn it off in drive, put it in park and crank it, it starts like the choke is on but very quickly returns to normal idle. I want to say this all started when I put a 65mm accufab throttle body on. I wasn't sure if it was closing all the way or not and thought that might be my problem. When the idle is high you can push on the throttle body but it is always closed and the idle doesn't change. I have turbo link and show no codes and it does dectect the park/neutral swtich. The IAC sensor has less than 5K miles on it and I have gone through the reset procedure twice to try to correct this problem. Please give me any suggestions that may help with this problem.

Skillet,
Try posting on here the iac #s when its idling right and wrong. That may help these guys tshoot it. I think a shot of carb cleaner around your throttle pivots may be in order since that one side is loose-to check for vac leak. Also, it may be possible your p/n swithc has gone out of adj. again-check it on your scanner.. Ill emaile ya about other stuff.

It was whatever it was suppose to be. 42, 45? Rick set it while I was there. The car is back in the paint shop for some touch up and I don't have any recent saves. I will have it back Saturday.

Yea Mark,
I set iac according to procedure, then set tps. Car idled perfect, i didnt even bother looking at iac values. Hers what i did before setting idle. Found a few vacuum leaks, and a loose intercooler hose. Also got the park/neutral swithc to act correctly. It had been showing wrong when shifting thru gears. His throttle body lever was loose on shaft so i tightened it but the return action is a little iffy. I suspect it somewhat. But can anyone tell us if the p/n swithch can be involved here, since he's getting differing idle speeds when diff gears are selected.
Thanks., Rick

Come on Skillet, lets fix that thing. Its fun working on a car with a motor in it. :p