engine rebuild kit

wornoutshoes

i need a complete engine rebuild kit for my 87 WE4. does anyone know where i can get one? my only requirement is to keep the block virgin. i do not want to bore it at all. other than that...
if anyone has any information please let me know.

i blew a head gasket and the car has 167,000 miles on it so i am tryin to get her back into shape. i will also need a manual to do this since i am doing it myself. and some help from some friends.

anything you guys can tell me would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

I dont think you should try to do this yourself. i would take it to some one who has rebuilt these moters befor. not just moters but buick moters. your going to need machine work done with that maney miles on it. i know everyone needs to save money but you will be better off in the long run. just my .02...:)

these motors are not bad to rebuild. you can buy a complete engine with with some cam & piston choices from postons or you cam buy a kit that speed pro/ trw makes from your local jobber parts house, but the postons kit gives you more options. make sure you use a good machinist to complete your machine work!!! very important in my opinion because they can mess up some stuff if theyre not experienced working with these motors.

good luck and happy building!
keith

I was looking in a 2 year old Car Craft today and seen PAW ( parts automotive warehouse) had a complete rebuild kit crank rods pistons etc....for $900.00

Originally posted by highboost
these motors are not bad to rebuild. you can buy a complete engine with with some cam & piston choices from postons or you cam buy a kit that speed pro/ trw makes from your local jobber parts house, but the postons kit gives you more options. make sure you use a good machinist to complete your machine work!!! very important in my opinion because they can mess up some stuff if theyre not experienced working with these motors.

good luck and happy building!
keith

does postons have a website or a phone number? speed pro/ trw?

i have never heard of either of these companies. i have a friend who knows the ins and outs of these engines who i am going to ask for help. (zad) i live in orlando. right now, i am researching and asking questions from the guys who are in the know, you. i am starting blind and fumbling in the dark with htis so any detailed information that you guys are willing to give is greatly appreciated.

my LT1 friend suggests just doing the head gaskets and running around naturally aspirated for a little while before i rebuild becasue i am short of cash right now. i would rather let the car sit but i am afraid that if it sits for another month or two before i get enough money to get the parts for the job that it'll be worse off. what should i do? it has already sat since december.

what should i do? and how much will getting the heads decked cost as well as the machine work for the block and the sleeves?

i don't want to cut corners but i do have to do this on a budget. it's my only mode of transportation and i know that i get what i pay for...
what should i do?

getting help from zad. he says that i just need to do the rod bearings and the head gaskets. this is great news!

no rebuild afterall! so, i will be looking for a turbo soon and i hope to get a big one! te44 - te60 or something in between.

i am so excited! i can't wait to get it back on the road! this is so kickass!