Engine pic

Chris Hogeland

TWISTED 6 RACING
A sneak pic for A customer.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374263691.496648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374263712.420055.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374263729.839278.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hmmm... I agree. Better idea than epoxy on freeze plugs on a SII. Do tell, what's your process? That must be a big ass tap!

It's A long process if setting up the block and machining the holes to the right size. And yes A big ass tap! I also do the plugs in the back too.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374270951.932789.jpg

Wow, that is great! So you have to machine the holes first, then tap? All by machines I assume. Amazing, wish you were closer!

What is the reasoning for the plugs. Never seen before. But I haven't seen much. His work kicks azz.

Some blocks flex under load and plugs will come out, dumping water on the track in front of your rear tires. No bueno!

I see that you have clearance the cylinders for the valves. Do you do this to all of your blocks or is this for something like the R head?

The engine stand is not the best;) But that little motor says kick ass:cool:

I see that material was added to the rear counterweight for balancing. My stock crank must have required weight on the rear counter weight also but instead the shop removed material from crank pin at 180 away. Also about .010 to .020 was removed from the ribbed side of a few of the the k-1 rods (thought these were +/- 1 g) and the JE pistons were untouched. Does this sound like the right area to remove material from for balancing? Was it a short cut? The car has the hard poly mounts and does not vibrate but I always wondered about the method used.

Well I'll be more that happy to test it for you Chris.;) Looks like it will hold up to an under powered B4black car after all.:D