Engine noise

87-WE4

I'm experiencing some engine noise in the front of my engine. Does this cam gear look worn enough to make this noise? I recently blew the head gasket pulled engine checked everything out pulled oil pan cleaned it. Bought cometics head gaskets and arp head studs and replaced the old plastic teeth timing gear. Drove it ten miles and started to make this noise. Took the rocker arms off checked them for cracks. Checked push rods, flywheel bolts and converter bolts. Took oil pump a part everything checked out ok.. While oil pan was off also checked the bottom end. Pulled front cover off checked the cam gear it's no more than 3 thousands difference where the chips are on it. Only else haven't checked is pulling cam out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    721.5 KB · Views: 180
I can't get the video to work. Did you start it w/o the belt on to insure it was not an accessory? I.e., alternator, etc?

Somethings screwy the gear lash on the cam gear isnt correct. Its wearing too far forward with the cam sensor Clear wear marks...what ever is causing that IMO is what sheared the teeth off the end. What front cover do you have. Im betting your cam sensor is in a serious bind with the way the cam gear looks. Post up a pic of the cam sensor gear.