Engine is out again

jpratt

It has been a couple years since I have pulled the GN motor but there are a lot of small things that I want to address and on the stand will be so much easier to do than in the car.
1. Fix oil leaks, again
2. Thread inserts to hopefully seal the dog house to the intake
3. Decide wether or not to use the power plate???
4. New headers
5. Fix power steering leak
6. Possibly go hydro-boost
7. Install new valve seals
8. Upgrade to SFI flex plate, not really sure if needed but a friend who has pulled his engine a few times like I have just found his cracked and that kinda scared me a little
9. Install vacuum lines at the back of the lower intake
10. Whatever else I can think of

Also picked up a 455 Buick that is now at the machine shop. That motor is going into my 85 regal limited.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

IMAG1079.jpg

Do a little dress up...

I have that doghouse and TB but no where near that purdy.

10. Figure out how to route wires under manifold to hide them a little more.

Keep the power plate if you have an even tint on plugs. I did the intake tapped for lines. Great Mod!

I have a spare intake that is at a reputable welder here in town to weld a plate on the back so I can drill and tap for vac/boost lines. If it looks good then I will take over my Champion ported intake and have it done the same way. Other than that there has been zero done.

Why have a plate welded on? I drilled and tapped 3 holes in my factory intake, also had the Champion done the same way.

Bryan

Why have a plate welded on? I drilled and tapped 3 holes in my factory intake, also had the Champion done the same way.

Bryan
Just seems so thin in that area. I will drill it out tomorrow and measure it. What fittings did you use?

Just seems so thin in that area. I will drill it out tomorrow and measure it. What fittings did you use?

IAT is in the intake for now, havent done the vacuum lines yet.

Bryan