Engine expertes What are these parts??

onefastjackass

Took the pan off today just to check the bearings (no problems just thought I would take a look)and Found some parts in the oil pan.

So my question is what are they??And what do I need to checkout now??

Ones like half a roll pin and the other looks like a round shim.

Roll pin could be from the cam sensor gear...I would pull it and take a look before something nasty happens...as for the other piece some pics would help...

I have pics posted on that other turbo website you know the one that is like this one only with an s at the end.

This one would not let me post them as attachments or I wouldn't even mention it.

Yep, you were running it too hard at Quaker City last night (between the rain drops). Good to see you there.

MSDGN Thanks for the info I think you are correct.I pulled the cam sensor and it looks like the previous owner replaced the roll pin and maybe the gear.The roll pin was shiny and looked as if it had been tapped in place not to long ago.

The shim I was talking about looks like the spring one that fits between the gear and the sensor housing.

Ok now give me some good tips on setting it.I marked it with a sharpy so I can put it back in almost the same position.What else should I do to set it up correctly??Don't want it to be off on fueling etc.

Also don't think that any damage was done.As I said I pulled the bearings just for a look see and all of them looked good.I am also replacing them ,doing the main seal and replacing the pickup screen just because I have it all dissassembled.

I will also prime the pump while into it.

Thanks again for youre help and any advice would be appriciated. Kevin

Originally posted by TurboMonteSS
Yep, you were running it too hard at Quaker City last night (between the rain drops). Good to see you there.

TurbomonteSS Glad to here from you. Even with the rain and a slippery track I had a good time.

Hows that go even a bad day racing is better then a good day at work!!:)

I bet you suprise a lot of folks with that monte of youres.

Now swap out that rearend that you have laying around.Get some slicks and you will probibly blow my doors off??

Once again good hearing from you. Kevin