Engine Build for GT61

1sickmx6

87 T Type Wo2
Ok guys the engine will be out and be getting rebuilt this summer. I want to know what you guys think I should be putting in the motor to support a GT61 that will run 11.5's all day with no damage with the right setup.

I would like to keep it as simple as possible inside the block though.

I was thinking along the lines of:

Speed pro pistons on stock rods
crank turned 10/10 w oversized bearings
high volume oil pump and cover
rollermaster chain
208/208 cam
valve springs
stock heads with a vavle job
ARP studs Mains,rods,head

The rest is bolt-ons.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks Brandon!

For such a mild combo, I would also recommend an Oil Filtration/relocation kit and eliminating your factory oil cooler if it's original. It makes no sense running the stock oil cooler that will just leach FOD back into your oil system and do harm to your new motor and turbo.
Now would also be a good time to do other preventive maintenance such as a ground stretcher kit, frame braces, body bushings, fuel filter, I'd even go so far as to replace the sock on the in tank pump if it's been in there for a long time. That is definitely an out of site, out of mind wear item.
Don't forget to do a good break in before you really start hammering on the new combo. I'd also recommend at a minimum either rocker arm supports, or either a Sealed Power Heavy Duty rocker arm set from Postons. I also would not recommend using a stock tensioner on the timing chain either. No tensioner required on double roller chains. I've seen DR chains eat up the factory nylon/plastic tensioner and send debris into the motor.
You're gonna love that combo. I'd also throw in an RJC Power Plate for whatever plenum you're gonna run. Depending on what version of the GT61 (PT61) you go with, will determine what boost level you will need to run to hit mid 11's. If you want the hardest ripping version of the 61, then I would suggest the GT6131DBB (aka PT6131RE) with a 3000 stall at zero psi converter. With your combo it would be fantastic on the street.
HTH

Patrick

Live in Westchester Ny. Anyone know of an honest machinest.
Have 160,000 mile engine running. Blowing a little smoke which I would expect.
..........I took too long raing money for this. Have steel heads..Trans.Right now car is stock. New suspension new paint.Need motor done HELP> My fault

Live in Westchester Ny. Anyone know of an honest machinest.
Have 160,000 mile engine running. Blowing a little smoke which I would expect.
..........I took too long raing money for this. Have steel heads..Trans.Right now car is stock. New suspension new paint.Need motor done HELP> My fault

RPE Machine in Connecticut. Well worth the short drive. ;) (860) 953-1342

Thanks

I'll see first with my buddy who my time messed up. But will give them a try Thanks ---so much

So you would suggest a DR chain than with no tensinor? I tried to find postons website on the parts suppliers list but didn't see it up there. Do they have a website?

And last question would you say it would be worth it to switch to a roller cam now well the motor is out? Thinking about this

FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Kit Configuration Page

And where is a good place to get the DR chain?

Thanks Brandon!