Engine Build Books

Rugby

I know there are a lot of crazy smart engine builders on this forum. What are some books one building enginges and all the tech behind different combinations of parts?

I would love to go to a school like SAM but can afford it, but still want to gain the knowledge of it on my own.

I know there are a lot of crazy smart engine builders on this forum. What are some books one building enginges and all the tech behind different combinations of parts?

Oh lord.... There aren't any books that can do that.

You'd need to memorize all of them.... AND a lot of time getting straight up dirty.

AND with all that knowledge, you'd be smart enough now to realize you don't know shit.

Trust me, I know. A few more years and I'm going to decide that camshaft lobes and timing are voodoo and can't be understood by anyone in the universe (Note: I know enough to know I don't know shit).

Oh lord....
Trust me, I know. A few more years and I'm going to decide that camshaft lobes and timing are voodoo and can't be understood by anyone in the universe (Note: I know enough to know I don't know shit).
The sign of wisdom.

Oh lord.... There aren't any books that can do that.

You'd need to memorize all of them.... AND a lot of time getting straight up dirty.

AND with all that knowledge, you'd be smart enough now to realize you don't know shit.

True.