Engine build advice

What is this cable for ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1408483296389.jpg
    1408483296389.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 130
One thing i noticed is the chip you're holding in that picture shows it's burned for 60lb/hr flowing injectors and alky. You had said in the mods list on your 2nd post in this thread it has 50lb injectors, which if that's what's in there instead of 60's means the chip and the injectors aren't matched up. So you would need to get 60 lb flowing injectors to have them match up, as the chip was burned for slightly larger injectors and the fueling programmed into the chip is expecting there to be more injector.
It's not a good thing to have smaller injectors than the chip was burned for, things will go very badly. If the injectors were larger than the chip was burned for, which would be leaving room to grow in the future however is perfectly fine and won't cause problems.
That's something that needs to be addressed and it's critical that the injectors flow rate is at least what the chip is burned for or you're gonna tear stuff up.

The cable is a data cable that went to a power logger device if i am not mistaken.

Last edited:
I'm think he the 50# in the ad was a mistake and they are actually 60# something I will definitely check next time I am at the shop where my car is

I think I got some 60's if he needs them... flow matched and a set of 80's new that are also flow matched.

What turbo is he running ?

According to the ad he posted some of in this thread, a precision 6162 was the turbo in it.

That's a heck of a turbo, have heard quite a few had great luck with those running very quick on the strip and were still tame enough for street duty too. Shouldnt have trouble making enough power turbo wise.
They no longer carry the 6162, the 6262 appeared to of replaced that on the site but it can still support and make alot of power in a build as long as proper supporting mods are in place.

Last edited: